Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Fassionola

Pages: 1 3 replies

K

Below is the link to the only discussion on this ingredient I can find. As some of you may know, this stuff shows up in Don Beach's recipes frequently. In one of his books it is recommended that one substitute fruit punch for it. I cannot believe this to be an accurate substitution as most recipes call for a scant 1/4 ounce of it.

There is no way that a 1/4 oz of Hawaiian Punch or some such stuff is going to make enough of a difference in a drink with three ounces of other pure and likely fresh squeezed fruit juices.

So, this has got to be a concentrated syrup or a complex flavoring if such a little bit can offer a true addition to the balance and flavor profile of a cocktail.

I'd like to find a recipe for this stuff. At least an old bottle that has the company name and ingredients list. A Google search proves fairly fruitless (Pun? What pun?).

Read on and let me know if you find anything helpful:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=5331&forum=1&9

Thanks,

Ahu

looking for the same thing give me news if you find anything i will to

I have posted the information on Fassionola - the bottle information and that Trader Vic's Passion Fruit is similiar but do not seem to find this on the bb

On 2004-11-15 16:13, Ku Ku Ahu wrote:
In one of his books it is recommended that one substitute fruit punch for it. I cannot believe this to be an accurate substitution as most recipes call for a scant 1/4 ounce of it.

I agree. Another thing that is odd is that one of the Don Beach recipes calls for both Fassionola AND Hawaiian Punch (Cherry Blossom Punch).

Pages: 1 3 replies