Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

What you do with half of a Tiki Mug....

Pages: 1 8 replies

TM

....Make a sign. I finally figured out how to cut a tiki mug in half and made another sign. I cut out the lettering with a jig saw (what a pain in the culo!!) I may invest in a band saw, but any suggestions on an easier way would be greatly appreciated. If I can get the cost and time down, I would like to offer them for sale.
Cheers, Matt

wow! what a cool idea! Very neat sign!
Everytime I read through the postings I am more and more amazed at how creative you TC'ers all are. What a wealth of information and inspriation this board has been to me.
Ok, I know I'm gushing, but this had to be said.

cool sign! I just don't think I could bring myself to cut a Tiki mug in half, though.....!

H

Matt, it was nice talking to you at the Cruz show. Lots of luck with your signs.

"PAD" suggests making a mold of the tiki mug and casting it in plaster. it may render similar results without the cutting... haven't done it, so can't vouch ($0.02)... very cool sign tiki matt tho, a very clean cut ~ nice work :)

Try using a Rotozip. I use it to cut out cartoon characters on panel board and found it alot better than a jigsaw. You can cut in any direction without stopping and there isn't as much vibration. Straight lines are difficult but I don't know if thats me or the rum. When you first try it you may go thru a few blades - at least till you figure it out.

TM

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's truly appreciated...AlohaStation - I'll look into the Rotozip, thanks for the tip....Matt

M

Very cool job. I love it.

Maybe I should try that with my Tiki Bob?!

hold it very steady,cut it with {wet} tile saw. TD

Pages: 1 8 replies