Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Welcome to hell...

Pages: 1 14 replies

...here's your accordian.

They are remaking the "Dukes of Hazzard"

(Jessica Simpson, Johnny Knoxville, Sean William Scott)

The original was so good, how can they possibly make it better? (read sarcasm)

Why does Hollywood think we need these crappy versions of TV shows and remakes of perfectly good films? (ie: Flight of the Phoenix)

It seems as though every other person in LA has a "screenplay" in the works. Can they all be that bad they have to re-hash? Can Charlie Kaufman be the only one writing original scripts these days? I read in a trade mag that there are more than 20 more remakes and tv adaptations in the works before Memorial Day 2005. They are even doing a remake of "The Longest Yard" with Adam Sandler

sighhhh

[ Edited by: stuff-o-rama on 2004-11-16 03:28 ]

I saw on the news that the rights to "Baywatch" had been bought by Dreamworks. Oh boy!

B

M

On 2004-11-16 07:13, Johnny Dollar wrote:
yearrgh!

Hell indeed.

D

Yes, this is similar to what I thought hell would look like. This plus constant Phil Collins music blasting over the speakers. Ah yes, old films and TV shows recycled into crappy ones. Hollywood has no brains or balls anymore. Both of those things officially dried up somewhere around ten years ago. They keep doing these remakes, and they keep tanking! Anyone remember Beverly Hillbillies? Flintstones? Starsky & Hutch?

The only way I would even step near the box office for this god-awful remake of The Pukes of Hazard is if Jessica Simpson had a very lengthy nude scene. She's lame and embodies all that is lame about popular culture and America, but there is no denying that she is pretty damn hot!!!

[ Edited by: donhonyc on 2004-11-16 09:48 ]

I'm still waiting for someone to release a feature-length movie based on any of the old celebrity gameshows, such as Liars Club, Match Game, Hollywood Squares, etc.. The game show format could pose a serious challenge possibly producing interesting results. Not that this would be good news either, I just want to see who they'll cast for the role of Paul Lynde or Charles Nelson Riley.

On 2004-11-16 09:51, FreakBear wrote:
I'm still waiting for someone to release a feature-length movie based on any of the old celebrity gameshows, such as Liars Club, Match Game, Hollywood Squares, etc.. The game show format could pose a serious challenge possibly producing interesting results. Not that this would be good news either, I just want to see who they'll cast for the role of Paul Lynde or Charles Nelson Riley.

I was on a kids version of Joker's Wild (called Joker Joker Joker) when I was 10 - I'd love to see Jack Barry again!

"Oh mystic powers - hear my call...
From my limbs, let new life fall..."
http://www.christophermerritt.com

[ Edited by: Tangaroa on 2004-11-16 11:47 ]

D

Gee,she sure has smooth elbows.

M

that's wrong...

On 2004-11-16 09:51, FreakBear wrote:

Speaking of gameshows from the 70's - does anyone remember the one that was like the Newleywed game except it had the guys setting between their wives and their secretaries ... 3's a Crowd, was it?

C

How 'bout "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind"? You've got your movie about a '70s game show, your Charlie Kaufman screenplay, and a killer MCM LA house.

That's what I mean, an original story. I find it insulting that the film industry thinks we're all mouth breathing dunder-heads who will all be attracted to a shiny thing with a familiar title. I can't think of any "re-make" that was better than the original. "Cape Fear" came close, but Bob Mitchum was a much scarier Max Cady than Robert DeNiro. Rather than trying to make a quick buck on opening day, why don't they spend the money on better films. We need more original stories like "Big Lebowski"."It really pulled the room together, man..."

Pages: 1 14 replies