Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Surf music, The Torquays

Pages: 1 9 replies

A friend of mine is setting up a show and wants to book The Torquays but doens't have their booking info. Does anyone here know the booking info for The Torquays?

Any band that lets OC blues guitar hotshot Kid Ramos guest on their cd (Road Trip, my faves.....Hodad Holiday and El Baile De Los Chupacabaras)) is up there in my book. Try this contact info SS..........

714-538-0272 or
[email protected]

On 2004-11-16 16:53, bongofury wrote:
Any band that lets OC blues guitar hotshot Kid Ramos guest on their cd (Road Trip, my faves.....Hodad Holiday and El Baile De Los Chupacabaras)) is up there in my book.

Great call my braddah Bong-of-fury!

Kid Ramos lives in my old stompin' grounds in historic Anaheim.

Yeah I got the info from The Torquays guitar palyer earlier. Their lable got me in touch with him. Thanks allot though.

There's a cool guitar tab book and CD available as well "Surf Guitar" features all Torquay songs
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/sheetmusic/titles/678.shtml

(What's a "Torquay" anyway?)

Torquay? I think it is a sea-side town in England. If their is a slang behind it, please clue me in

On 2004-11-19 11:19, polynesian posh boy wrote:
Torquay? I think it is a sea-side town in England.

You're absolutely right. It's also the name The Monks went by before they became The Monks. (I've just read the book Black Monk Time)

Trader Woody

If ever there was a more perfect time for someone to do a cover of "Complication" it was this last year. With lotsa footage of a particular yankee carpet bagger.

The Monks rule!

TG

*On 2004-12-02 01:19, TikiGardener wrote:*The Monks rule!

TG

Just for you TG, Monks last week....

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2004-12-02 15:35 ]

AWESOME!!!

I wish I could get their autographs on my old 64 Guild, right next to Bo Diddley's and Billy Childish's.

TG

Pages: 1 9 replies