Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Tiki bar in Houston?

Pages: 1 6 replies

I was told that a new Tiki bar had opened in the Houston area. It's supposed to be on FM 246 and Old Nasa Road. And located "right on the water"
i was told they were being spoken of on the "buzz" radio station (A alternative station that I'd prob not listen to normally)
Has anybody else heard of such things?
A.H.

I found it...now I gota visit.
Heres the website...
http://www.tikibaybarandgrill.com/home

A

I was on the Coast Guard unit that built all the aids to navigation up there. The only view you're going to have on that water is of Tugs and Tankers heading up the Houston Ship Channel to dump off oil. On the other hand there are quite a few cool wetland birds to watch while sipping a Mai Tai.

I'm smack in the middle of the Tiki Tiki and the Tiki Bay....at least 50 miles away from either one...

I'm going to check out the new Tiki Bay tomorrow for a benefit that is bringing back the old members of the KLOL rock station that was just closed in Houston. Clear Channel saw fit to change the format of the oldest rock station in Texas (34 years) and replace it with a .....mexican station. Pure D bullshit since there was already 14 in this area and only one rock station.
anyhow...I'll let y'all know if the place is good.

[ Edited by: AlmostHuman on 2004-12-08 17:43 ]

Clear Channel is pure evil, a symbol of the dark forces spreading across this once free land....
And that Tiki Bay doesn't look too promising either, with Jamaican Jalapenos, Calypso Calamari and Bahama Momma something on the menu, and NO TIKI in the logo, or in the photos.

odd thing in upper left corner .. ?

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-12-09 13:02 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies