Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New to group

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha Members:

I live in SF (Haight Ashbury) with my wife and am originally from Laguna Beach, enjoy playing guitar and surf as much as possible (mostly @ Ocean Beach). I'm self-employed (bird and bat control business) We get to travel to the islands alot (Kauai mostly). I get inspired artistically reading this forum and want to get out my silversmithing equipment just for fun (anyone doing tiki jewelry?).

Recently married in May, we had the Mermen play our wedding, it was Hawaiian-themed and totally fun.

Mahalo-

Finally a person I can discuss my western pipistril thoughts with!

Cheers surfguitar

H

The Mermen at your wedding?!! Very Cool!!

Welcome to Tiki Central!

Aaaaalo-haaaaa, and welcome aboard Surfguitar!
Nice to have another local TC'er.
:tiki:

Gigantalope-
Pipistrellus hesperus are "ok" but Tadarida brasiliensis is the flavor of the week. Mexican Free-tailed bats, Pallid bats and Big Brown bats are what get inside structures here the most (N. CA). We don't hurt the little fellers, just move them along to another building, which we can charge for later. I also do bird proofing (yuck) Pigeons, you can light on fire and put out with an axe for as much as I care (disgusting) but bats I like.

surfguitar:
I too am a advocate of them.
I find things like the bridge in Texas interesting...(it was built with nitches to house them)

I found myself in North Austrailia for a while, and they got bats there mister.

Where I stayed in Darwin there were mango trees all around, and there was no sleeping...it was like having flying cockfights outside yer window every night.

They were an annoyance but they had thier charm too.

The Aboriginals I stayed with ate them...creeped me out, as they did not field clean them either....

Have you heard the far fetched thory that they are the most distant form of primate? (Bats, not Aussies)

C

I'm with you surfguitar, a bat might be a winged rodent, but pigeons are the true "rats with wings".

[ Edited by: calneva on 2004-11-22 16:43 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies