Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Moai on the move

Pages: 1 14 replies

T

Here's the giant moai outside the Tilley Endurables Head Office in Toronto (discussed in the Canadian Tiki link). I wonder where he came from? A defunct restaurant perhaps? I'm pretty sure Tilley inherited him from somewhere else...

T

TIKI-ZILLA....When good Tikis go bad. Great picture, they don't make them any bigger than that,...or do they?

T

Why shocking pink????? It reminds me of that scary art for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=714280068

cool pants!!!

T

Please forgive my unfortunate choice of orange parachute pants. I know it was a fashion faux pas, but I had no idea we were heading to the moai that day - hence the hat too. I just thought I was going to the grocery store. Then fate took over, and somehow I ended up across town embracing a giant pink head.

In fact, after seeing those pics, I retired the pants for good. AND the hat.

I was NOT joking!! Those pants were cool!

T

Can I come on the Great LA Tiki hunt? Or at least join via satellite?

D

On 2002-09-28 05:35, tikifish wrote:
embracing a giant pink head.

i just wanted to quote you out of context... :o

nice head, so to speak...

Compare:

Toronto Moai:

With Kon Tiki Camping Area tiki that used to be in St. Augustine, FL:

The Florida one seems to be slightly larger, but in all other aspects they are the same. Hmmm.

To do a true comparison I need a picture of Tikifish in a bikini next to the Canadian tiki.

Sabu

Maybe Tikifish is the tallest woman in Canada?

S
SES posted on Fri, Jul 15, 2005 11:40 PM

Tikifish is part of the Amazon tribe didn't you know? :)

B

They are pretty close but the ears, nose, and the top of the head is different, Plus the bikini makes the Florida one seem so much better, Hmmmm?

Forgive me for being new, but isn't it true no one really knows where these come from? They are all over Easter Island and no one knows who made them or how they did it? They just appear mysteriously? I am hoping one appears in my backyard.

On 2005-07-17 07:02, Hiddenmickey wrote:
They just appear mysteriously?

That reminds me there is a brit comic called Hewligan's Haircut in which a moai are used to stabalise reality and one ends up in Trafalgar Square in london.

On 2005-07-17 07:02, Hiddenmickey wrote:
Forgive me for being new, but isn't it true no one really knows where these come from? They are all over Easter Island and no one knows who made them or how they did it? They just appear mysteriously? I am hoping one appears in my backyard.

No, they know exactly where they came from. There still are several that where abandoned, half carved out of the quarry and only roughly shaped, and the natives acknowledge that they were all carved there. But the natives claim that the Moai walked from the quarry to the Ahu where they stand today, so maybe one may decide to stroll into your neighborhood & stop in your backyard. :D

Pages: 1 14 replies