Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

'The Sophisticated Savage' @ DC Gallery in Denver - Dec 3 to 30th

Pages: 1 5 replies

B

[ Edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 17:19 ]

MD

So I got into this show at the last hour! Dropped off my tikis at 5 pm, show opened at 7!
I made a last minute call to see if they had any carvings, they said no, the guy that was supposed to backed out and left 'em high and dry.
His loss. I took down three carvings and they put 'em right in the friggin' front window!
Man, I'm in a show with Josh Agle, The Pizz, Alex Meyer and More!
Somebody pinch me.
The opening was a kick. Drank too much as usual.
Many thanks to D.C. Gallery and Ken Trujillo.

B

[ Edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 17:20 ]

Z

I stopped in this afternoon to take a looked around. Small show, not a lot on display, but there were a couple of really nice pieces. Dale, your carvings are great, glad to see some local talent.

Baron, Dale and any other Denver tikiphiles - anyone interested in getting together after the holidays? There is not a good Mai Tai anywhere to be found here in town, but we could catch a performance of The Beloved Invaders (a Boulder based surf band), they play all around town. It's not exotica music, but it's the closest thing we've got.

http://www.thebelovedinvaders.com

MD

I would love to. If'n I can find a baby sitter...I'll work on it.
I've seen the beloved invaders a couple of times at the bluebird. Great band. I think they do Astronaut covers. Denvers original surf band.
I also know of other Denver mile high tiki freaks who don't post here but carve and collect and promote tiki like an addiction. Let me know when and maybe we can all get together. Good times are on the horizon!

[ Edited by: Mr. Dale on 2004-12-17 12:11 ]

MD

The invaders are playing the Skylark on the 20th of Jan. Skylark is almost my home sweet home. Its on a Thurs. Might put a damper on things......Friday the 21st looks like a good "sick" day!

Pages: 1 5 replies