Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

new here

Pages: 1 11 replies

H

Hi all-

I've been lurking here for a little while now- I'm REALLY impressed with all the talent here, as well as the the sharing. It's a tight lil' community. :)

So a big ALOHA to you- cheers!

:hi-jinx

Nice to have you here hi-jinx!
I too am pretty new to the board. Are you in the process of making Tiki items of some sort, or just groov'n on all the talented ideas that these folks come up with?We LOVE pictures here, share if you have something!

I think I will finally have some pictures to share by sometime tomorrow. Made up a few lamps,( nothing to compare with what I've seen here, but it'll do for now) made a wall foutain,and a few other goodies to get my Tiki lounge up and going.
Once again agin, nice to have you with us hi-jinx!
Mel

H

That was quick! :)

Well actually, I'm making an attempt at my first tiki, and it's how I found the forum- Here I am searching for inspiration with no real clue, and I stumble upon this place. I was inspired by a few tikis I saw at a local surf shop, found a couple nice pieces of palm with the recent hurricanes (Florida), and decided to take a shot at it. Read through many of the posts, and here's what I've got so far... I've been documenting the process:

http://www.spykitty.com/tiki_web.html

(edit)
BTW- I saw your tiki fountain. Nice!

[ Edited by: hi-jinx on 2004-11-20 23:21 ]

Holy Hi-Jinx!!! Excellent documentation. Keep it up!!! More More!!

Hi-Jinx, your work is really good, and your step-by-step post is very well done. You must reproduce it here on TC with some narrative. Your design is really clean...crisp flowing lines. And your carving is precise and true to the line art that you started with. TC needs you! Jump on in... We need to see your finished product!

A-A

Thats some great work!!!!!!
keep those pics coming.
you certainly found the right site for plenty of inspiration, so many tallented people in the one place.

cheers
BoB

B

Welcome All you new peeps. Hijinx, Excellent work and pic's. Another "First tiki" looking like the10th.

Yeah...nice looking tiki ya got going. Hard to believe it's your first.

Cool step by step
Welcome to the board and be sure to post some pics here too

Very nice work indeed! Glad you found us and shared your work!Keep it coming!
Mel

Very nice , cant wait to see more . I wish my first turned out that good. It is very addictive

H

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

I'm really excited how it's turning out so far- I never could have gotten this far so quick without all the tips and examples from the carvers and masters here.

Do people get upset for sharing "the trade" indepth here?

On 2004-11-20 22:47, hi-jinx wrote:

Well actually, I'm making an attempt at my first tiki,...

"Attempt" my a##! That's Awsome!
-FB

Pages: 1 11 replies