Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Another first Tiki

Pages: 1 1 replies

Aaron has corrupted me. I now look forward to spending my lunch hour in a park banging on a piece of wood.

I figured I would start small and see if I liked it, so I found a little piece of a ficus I cut down a couple years ago. I dug up a $5 special chisel set from harbor freight, grabbed a hammer and went to work.

I learned what I think is important for beginners: a Tiki's facial features should not be small. I abandoned this one and began a new one with larger facial features. I gave the abandoned tiki to Aaron to experiment on with stains. I think he should post the results....

Here is the second one after a week or so (you can get an idea of how small he is by looking at my fingers):

...and a week later...

It might be time to buy some decent chisels...

Once I finish this one, I am going to try some of that nifty AAC block. After that, I have the first 24" of one of the ficus trunks I gave Aaron.

Rattlesnake Jake

[ Edited by: Rattlesnake Jake on 2004-11-20 23:40 ]

nice work on your first attempt, stick around and you will quickly become addicted. Just read all of Aarons post, Yeah there are a lot of them. Keep it up and share some more.

Pages: 1 1 replies