Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Shag "Tiki Bloom" Limited Edition Aloha Shirt

Pages: 1 19 replies

M

Aloha all,

I just got an e-mail from MouseShoppe that they are now carrying the new SHAG "Tiki Bloom" Aloha Shirt!! Limited Edition of 500 with signed tags!

Here's the link

Pretty cool shirt.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-11-21 22:08 ]

T

Thanks for the heads up.

S

Apparently they were at Disneyland for the past week. Why are WE just hearing about it now? They only have small and XXL at D-land and they're 68 bucks. The Moueshoppe guy took all the mediums!

Shouldn't we have an inside scoop on this stuff? We're the Tiki people after all! After Disney told us they were all done the first time, they had a second print, shirt, etc. Then the mugs. And Pele! What about Pele!?!?! One day they're here, next day they're gone. Now there's another little print (Waking Jose).

We have to get organized people! Who's got the connections? Who's got the info? The Tiki Room opens again in a few months. There's sure to be all sorts of nonsense to waste our money on. How are we gonna do that if we don't know when to move on it! Damn it people! C'mon now!

Turbogod - No problem. That's what TC is all about.

Spy-Tiki - I'm with you, but what can we do short of having a TC'er work as a Cast Member in Adventureland?

When Tiki Farm does new mugs for Disneyland, Holden always let's us know well in advance and I'm sure he'll do the same as the anniversary gets closer.

As far as Shag stuff goes, I have contacted the people that handle his merchandise and asked for their assistance. As soon as I hear from them I'll let you know.

Tiki team unite!

Regarding all Shag Tiki Room merchandise, there isn't anything else being released. There is a possibility they might do more purses, but their contract runs out at the end of the year. Please see my new post in Collecting Tiki for an in dept (or for me, in debt) look at all the merchandie released...
Your friend,
Louis

M

As of 7am November 24th, MouseShoppe had both Large & Medium back in stock.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-11-24 14:39 ]

It blows that they are able to have an inventory of these shirts when they were supposed be limited to 2 per person.

Ruins it for the rest of us.

Picked up a Medium on my lunch break today. Extremely nice looking shirt.

I got a medium too.

They run really big. My last two Shag/Disney Barkcloths were Large.

MouseShoppe has all sizes in stock now. Just ordered an XL.

It IS a great shirt! The colors from the scan don't do it justice. I also like the thick, textured material. Almost like raw silk, but it's cotton.

Has anyone checked with DeliverEars? Maybe these can be ordered through them?

I ordered mine through delivears last time without any problems. I happened to be at the park yesterday so I picked this one up in person.

The Tiki Room opens again in a few months.

May of 05' ( a few and a couple)

On 2004-11-30 23:14, RevBambooBen wrote:

The Tiki Room opens again in a few months.

May of 05' ( a few and a couple)

Getting close to the time that we plan a little TC excursion! I feel an Events thread coming on.

S

Someone's (probably Mousehoppe) now got a purple version of the Tiki Bloom shirt on ebay. When did that come out? How much more of this stuff "there isn't going to be any more of" is there?

Mr. smiley and I stocked up on some of those in december when we were in disneyland. the guy who sold them to us explained the limit was one per customer; but that certain people who re-sell them online (including Mouse Shoppe?) come in and buy their 2 limit every couple hours from a different clerk each time. The mgmt uses its discretion whether to call customers on this when they notice it.

I'm not too fond of the base color - it's a little too yellow for my liking. I think I'll give mine to my father for his b-day.

S

Posted this info under a tiki room merch. thread, but did anyone notice someone on ebay selling a purple version of this shirt?

DZ

Be careful when washing them - the first time I washed mine I lost 3 buttons! Luckily I was able to find 'em & sew 'em back on, but for that price I thought the quality would be better...

The purple version of the "Tiki bloom" shirts came out this past weekend. They had a few of the "pele" mugs too (unfortunately, the person in front of me bought all six remaining mugs).

http://www.mouseshoppe.com has the new purple in all sizes avail right now. They've been up for over a week. Just waiting to see how quickly they sell out.

Pages: 1 19 replies