Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Any T .C.-ers in San Francisco real estate ?

Pages: 1 1 replies

Yeah, I know it's absurdly expensive. I lived there for years and moved away just before things went through the roof. ($250 a month basement apartment in the Richmond. Can you believe it?) Now I'm starting to think about coming back, but the whole face of the place has changed and I don't rent anymore. I'm interested in which areas might be around 500,000 or less (condos, fixer uppers, etc.), but not too dangerous.

And no, Daly City is NOT San Francisco. This is just a fact finding mission. I'll be up there snooping around in December. If you have access to comps or know anyone who does I'd appreciate any information. PM me if you like.

Thanks!

In the city? or the bay area? you probably can't get much in the city for that, condos, yes. Try http://www.Realtor.com, it shows all the current listings and has a pretty good search function.

You can buy a house in the East Bay (we can SEE the city from our bedroom, and we're 20 minutes away...10 from Trader Vics!) The houses in our neighborhood went for $350K - $450 2 years ago, now they go for $500 and up.
It's crazy, when I see what my brother's have in Philadelphia for a 1/3 of what we spent, it's a little depressing. On the other hand, it's 60 degrees today, and I can see Mt. Tam and the Golden Gate bridge from my bedroom. You get what you pay for...if your work s based in technology, this is the place!

Pages: 1 1 replies