Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Did I get ripped Off?

Pages: 1 3 replies

Being new to Tiki Mugs - Did I get ripped off on this one?

$9.99 + $7.85 s/h = $17.84

TM

I have that one myself. I like the green color with the yellow inside. The embossed "Hawaii Kai" on the front and "New York City" on the back realy sets it off. Mugs that are made exclusively for a restaraunt / bar are always cool. I don't think this style was done (in this color) for anyone else (though I may be wrong). I saw this one on ebay and was interested to see how much it would go for. I don't see this one very often. I'm glad to see a fellow TCer got it. Whatever you do, don't have buyers remorse! As I've always said, if you think it's worth the $$ you paid and it makes you happy, you didn't get ripped off. The price seems reasonable since the days of the $2 tiki mug have passed us by.

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-11-23 19:37 ]

If it makes you feel better, I remember seeing this style a few years ago (without embossed "Hawaii Kai") for something like $15 total. I'm no expert but I'd say that's a good price.
-FB

I just bought the same mug off ebay also , wonder if the same person had a few? There's one on ebay now still in the box I think the starting bid was $9.99 . I love this mug I paid the same price you did .

Pages: 1 3 replies