Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Tonga Room is OPEN again!!!

Pages: 1 15 replies

M

I just called them and they say that they are open again .
Happy hour and drinks only until Friday, Nov. 26 when they will resume the full menu(dinner).
TONIGHT, Weds 11-24 they (insert fanfare here) will NOT have the band. Yes , today is a Tonga Band-less night!! How ZAZZ is that!?!?!

Call them for more info.
Tonga Restaurant & Bar
(415) 772-5278 950 Mason St
San Francisco, CA Map

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-11-24 18:06 ]

[ Edited by: MRSMILEY on 2004-11-26 10:42 ]

I knew there was a reason I got dressed up today!

M

Dangergirl and I are going tonight, anyone want to go too? Note; we will be there a little late-about 6:20 PM.

M

It is Wednesday, lets go to The Tonga Room tonight for Happy Hour, and the new Trader Vics afterwards!!! Maybe 8 pm for the SF Vics???

A Tonga Band-less night?! Oh, man!

I'd meet you all down there if I wasn't already doing Turkey Day prep and cooking.

Ah, well, next time. Enjoy the sound of the band not playing! Cheers!

wish we lived a little closer! we'd be all over this. especially since it's smiley's 41st birthday and all!

yeah. aw man. i miss the tonga room. steal some chopsticks for me smiley. and happy birthday to the inanimate smiley head. (i think that is what the hat meant...i guess he is drinking a little early today....must go home and see what no-good he's up to)

:)

M

On 2004-11-24 16:05, ZebraTiki wrote:
A Tonga Band-less night?! Oh, man!

I'd meet you all down there if I wasn't already doing Turkey Day prep and cooking.

Ah, well, next time. Enjoy the sound of the band not playing! Cheers!

A thought; if the Tonga Band played in a forest with no one else around, would they still sound bad?

Excellent, I'll be there this weekend!

M

I will be there in a hour, and then to Vics later--I can't wait!!!! :)

We're moving to SF in a week. Anyone up for meeting up at Tonga Room and/or Trader Vic's in early December?

Kathy

Happy Birthday Mr. Shit Grin!!!!

The good news about the closure-they had the time to start working on getting the waterfall behing the bar working again!!! Can't wait to see that baby flow!! ZAZZ!!!!

On 2004-11-24 13:28, mrsmiley wrote:
I just called them and they say that they are open again .
Happy hour and drinks only until Friday, Nov. 26 when they will resume the full menu(dinner).

Their $7 happy hour Pupu buffet is a good deal.

I made good use of it before getting on the cable car outside.

M

Smiley- Was the waterfall running?

On 2004-11-30 11:47, martiki wrote:
Smiley- Was the waterfall running?

no, not yet. they had also taken down their collection of vintage mugs.

I would also hope that their happy hour buffet will soon be up to the pre-strike standards; it was good but consisted almost entirely of a variety of dim sum dumplings that they had undoubtedly had "catered" from a local Chinese food restaurant instead of their usual on site "labor"-intensive fare.

Pages: 1 15 replies