Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recomended Haitian Rums?

Pages: 1 9 replies

I heard some good things about Haitian rums though they have been discussed minimally here. I will be over that way soon. Any recomended labels, what to look for, etc.?

-FB

rhum barbancourt! get the 5 star. you won't be disappointed. yummy!

Noted! Thanks Hat!
-FB

On 2004-11-24 16:11, the drunken hat wrote:
rhum barbancourt! get the 5 star. you won't be disappointed. yummy!

yep! the 5 star also called the "reserve speciale".

yummy indeed!

there's also a "reserve du domaine" which is aged 15 years (the 5 star is aged 8 years). never had it, but it sounds good.

have fun!

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2004-11-24 20:59 ]

On 2004-11-24 15:13, FreakBear wrote:
I heard some good things about Haitian rums though they have been discussed minimally here. I will be over that way soon.

Just don't order a zombie.....

Trader Woody

Freak Bear, I've seen the 5-star Barbancourt in a gift pack with two double old-fashioned glasses.

Yahoo! They just got that gift set here! The first abc store in western carolina I have even found rhum barbancourt in is in my current hometown and its like 20 bucks! It will be a good weekend on wed and thur.

Just got back! I got the yellow suitcase (5 pack / 5 star) they sell duty free at the airport. I considered the Reserve du Domaine but the 5 packs were all ready to go and seemed easy to transport without breakage.

I tried some tonight with lime juice, triple sec, and mango nectar. Very nice stuff! Thanks to all for recomending.

-FB

glad i could help FB. the barbancourt is one of my favs!

Pages: 1 9 replies