Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

You're up Benzart

Pages: 1 15 replies

Where's #52? I got a feeling you got something good coming and I'm dying to see it!

Benzart,

Your tiki medallions are spectactular; how mucho for the Bongster?

B

Hey MacDougi, how ya been. # 52 is not even an Idea yet. I've been having real carvers block. Can't make anything, cant make myself make anything. the pain score of 8 and 9 doesn't help. I gota get out of this funk.My memory is si frazzled from the meds I take and I ain't gettin sh-- done.I must find my list and see if ther is anything I want to carve I have a boo purse for Motiki that needs new hardware and I can't make myseld get it done.My bad.
Bong make me an offer and I'll tell you if I can do one for that.depends on what you want and when I get back carving. you guys send me some emails.we can get it going again.
Ben

Don't feel bad Ben... I went through a funk after HukiHurricane and then got lazy again after the honeymoon... I'm back and refreshed these last few weeks... and carving...

Don't sweat it... take a deep sea air breath and relax... you'll get it back soon enough...

You've done more incredible tiki in your life than most of us can ever hope for... and your work has inspired all of us!

On 2004-11-25 00:37, Lake Surfer wrote:
You've done more incredible tiki in your life than most of us can ever hope for... and your work has inspired all of us!

I second that!

Ben, looking forward to adding another one of your ultra cool pendants to my collection. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Lake Surfer, I went through a funk after HurricanHukilau also. I just could not get motivated to start drawing again. Desert dweller caught in a hurricane. They do not mix.

B

Right, hurricanes don't mix well with much.
I will have a visit from Boutiki to pick up the giant old mask he aquired at hukilau. that may get me started again.

C'mon, Ben. We're going through withdrawals here!

Damn Ben I'm really sorry to hear that. If there is anything a fellow carver can do to get you back on track asap please let me know. Boutiki is one lucky mudda that carving is Beautiful!

Hey Benzie, that one you carved for Unga Bunga is just too much for me to take. Can I get one like that? It's the Hawaiian style with the big headdress. Killer.

B

Thanks guys. I couldn't ask for better friends, I really mean it. We have almost half the floors done and the fence is done and I'm almost done.
I'm starting to get the itch, so now if my bones will cooperate, I should be carving sometime soon I hope.
I'll be trying to update my carving list soon and verifying if the original orders are valid. Anyone on the list who has waiting forever for a carving from me can bow out gracefully by just saying so. No Problem or ill feelings as it seems like some of the list goes back Forever..
Thanks again, you guys have helped a lot
JT, ofcourse you can get one lke UB's. It was a Lono, about 3 inches tall I think.

On 2004-11-24 20:28, Benzart wrote:
...# 52 is not even an Idea yet. I've been having real carvers block...

Hey, Ben. When I get stumped I just try to get "back to the basics" & build on that. Not just tiki carving, anything, really. Just a thought.

Get inspired so you can get us inspired. TC always needs a dose of good old Benzart inspiration!

M
Moki posted on Sun, Nov 28, 2004 9:08 PM

On 2004-11-27 19:40, Benzart wrote:
Anyone on the list who has waiting forever for a carving from me can bow out gracefully by just saying so.

I’m not bowing out, just waiting patiently. Take your time Ben, when you’re ready we’ll still be here. But we do miss seeing your amazing creations.

Hang in there :wink:

B

I Have feeling you won't be waiting much longer.

I Have feeling you won't be waiting much longer.

And so the sleeping giant stirs from a well-deserved rest.

MD

A man that can walk from Kauai to Somoa on the Carvings he's done. A little time off is just a piss in the ocean. It aint just a drop and it wont make the taste any saltier. After all the masterpieces, its amazing you've still got ideas rolling around in that wizards skull of yours.
Always in awe.......

B

Thanks Mr Dale, You Humble me.

Pages: 1 15 replies