Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hapa Haole Hideaway as it is today

Pages: 1 15 replies

S

I will be soon dismantling the Hapa Haole Hideaway and moving it to a new space and rebuilding. So I took some pictures today to remember.

Here are the first two. A composite of three showing the two sides.

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky 2006-03-07 16:28 ]

S

A little more.

I wish there were pictures with the right lighting, but it's too dark for pictures. And you don't get the music and drinks this way either. Or smell the cryosote from the New Guinea pieces...

[ Edited by: Swanky 2006-03-07 16:27 ]

that's a shame.

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2005-03-05 20:09 ]

Swanky, you live in an exceptional tiki hut!

Have you ever considered a humidifier to make the tiki's breathe?

Beautiful. Just Beautiful! I hope the next place works even better for you. By the way. Thanks for the update to the Grog a lizer.

-Slacks

Hey Swanky,
A way cool pad you have!
What is the story about this tiki.
It kinda has that of a Enchanted Tiki Room look.

P

I'm glad I was able to visit a couple of times.

Place was great to sit around and strum the uke and drink your fine tropical drinks.

The cats were a bit disturbing. They kept staring at me. Menacingly.

So when's the grand opening of the new digs?

S

I hope to have the new Hideaway together in the early new year. It all depends on how the stuff gets spread. I may need more supplies. But I will have an actual bar in the new place.

Unga, that tiki is a Oratory Table from the Korogo Village in Papua New Guinea. It's 40+ years old, collected in the 1980's. The Oratory Table is part of every Haus Tamburan (Men's House) in New Guinea and disputes are settled before it. The spirit of the table watches over the dispite and liars will die. Those who strike the speaker in a dispute will die. Most Oratory tables a re more like 4 feet tall, but this village makes them 7 feet tall like this. The face, I think, is vaguely remniscent of the possum, a sacred animal. It has crocodile teeth at the top.

Swanky,

Great place. Why exactly do you have to tear it down and move?

S

I am moving across town to my fiance's house. The space there is about equal, but it's longer and narrower. We'll see how it all fits together. She has a bar that I have permission to redo tiki style.

P

Dude, you're already getting permission to do stuff?

That's a bad sign.

You need to strut in there with a kinikini in hand and stomp 4 times on the floor and announce that you are King Swa... wait a second... Angela's yelling something...

crap... igottago...

S

Well, it is her bar, and it's in good shape, but's a black nagahyde front and chrome and NOT tiki. So, she says I can rip it apart and redo it. It'll work well.

swank -
That hidaway rules! The new bar can only be better! CHange is good...change is good

S

Here are a couple of shots at the end of moving...

[ Edited by: Swanky 2006-03-07 16:26 ]

S

I made a page on the Swank Pad for the Hideaway so it will live on in cyberspace...

It's HERE

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2005-01-18 12:28 ]

B

Swanky,Swanky, Really cool place. You have some Beautiful pieces and have put the whole thing together to perfection. Too bad you have to demolish it, but great that it is only moving and probably getting updated if thats possible.
I would live in that room all the time.

Pages: 1 15 replies