Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

polynesian record research help please!

Pages: 1 8 replies

Can anyone tell me any good sites on the web that have decent pictures of 50's and 60's polynesian records? I am a graphic design student and need to find some pictures of album covers asap for a project. Any help is greatly appreciated, I have looked all over the web and cant really find any good sites. I am particularly looking for 60's hula girl theme covers. Thanks.

the above post is me, sorry I couldnt remember my user name since I havnt been on here in a while. I happened to remember one of my older posts and looked up the topic and was able to find the original user name. Sorry about the confusion. I still would love any help on finding sites of album covers if anyone knows any places. Thanks.

A

OH wow!!! Thank you so much you rock!!! this is exactly what I was looking for! This is an awesome site. I really appreciate it.

Hopefully not overkill, but here are a few more. Let me know if you'd like a larger scan of any individual cover:

White-Girls Pretending To Be Island Girls

Actual Island Girls

Actual Hula Girls

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-11-26 14:46 ]

wow thanks coconutboy those are just beautiful covers! You can never have enough of this kind of thing its definately not overkill LOL. I will get back to you on some of the covers I would like to have high res files of if possible. Thanks so much for posting these they are way cool. I wonder if anyone has published a book of nothing but polynesian record covers? That would be awesome.

V

Hey Sabu, you have a record signed by Robert Flaherty, the famous director ??
Great collection...

T

Holy crispy crap! Those are some seriously cool LPs....!

D

Sabu, my panama hat is off to you. Those are very cool covers!!

Pages: 1 8 replies