Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

When you've got 8 inches, you can do this!

Pages: 1 14 replies

8T

8 inches of snow that is. Woke up to this on Wednesday morning.

Here's a 15 minute moai. I hate snow so I didn't want to stay out very long after shoveling the driveway and helping a neighbor get his car out from the dungeon a snowplow buried it in.

Mrs. 8ft snapped this shot of the family tiki totem pole.

Spring is only about 5 months away now. ;(

Stay warm, 8FT

T

Fantastic! I love it! How did you get the snow packed so well for the clean angles?

8T

Was a very wet heavy snowfall so it was packing perfectly. I just piled up a big bunch of snow and got a knife from the kitchen and there you have it!

Man I miss snow

Hey P, I'm envious; I'm in Joplin for the weekend and there's no snow here. Do I recognize the grass on that hut in the corner of the yard? Any rumours of new tiki establishments brewing up there?

8T

Yeah G, that's about 5 panels of the Aloha thatch covered with the white stuff. As for rumors, I'm not aware of anythinig new up here. Have a good weekend.

H

Too cool!
(err... bad pun - sorry)

I love the irony of a tiki statue in snow - dreaming of a tropical beach and all you got is snow. haha

Has anyone ever done a proper tiki ice carving? That would be awesome

H

by the way - love the topic name. I came here not knowing what the hell i was in for... (and ready to quickly close the window)

heh ... a snoai.

OK, someone had to say it.

Cheers!

(not missing snow here in South Florida)

Best damn snowman I've seen!

Screw frosty! Snoai's got 'em beat! (great name cyber)

Nice going 8ft!

On 2004-11-26 12:03, cybertiki wrote:
heh ... a snoai.

As a lover of dry humor, I applaud with great vigor!

D

That looks like a Great Christmas card to me !!

Great X Mas card very k@@l

Next snowstorm, I wannna see a snow hula girl.

Vern

B

definately Cool and a great idea only bested by the "Family Totem".smoai and snula girls, whats next?
Thanks for sharing

Pages: 1 14 replies