Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Wow this is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Pages: 1 16 replies

I have been trying to stay off line while drunbk lately because I fgeel I have been leaving to many drunken posts. I am drunk enough tonight that I figured what teh hell. And upon reaching Tiki Cenbtral the first thing I noticed was a new area called "Bile" Strictly dedicated to drunken posts. This is the greatest thing ever, I might have mentioned that before.

I just got back from Alex's Bar, a mighty fgine bar. Where I was drinking Jack and coke, a mighty fine drink, served by Stacy, a mighty fine bartender.

Kiond of at a weird point right now. Things seem to be going nowhere but at teh same time I see little things with lots of potential. Stacy at Alex's has to finsih her classes for teh next 3weeks but after that it looks like me and her are going to be getting together. She's a bartender, I'm a drunk, if this ends up in marriage it will be a martriage of convenience. I'm revamping teh web site for Vointage Tattoo pretty soon that means I got a bunch of free tattoos coming my way. I'll be revamping Danny's site soon too. Me and danny are cool like that though, he hooked me up with a bad ass Tiki bar for his current site. I've had a month of down time from work, but I got two places I work for telling me they got big jobs coming up that they will need me on, so it looks liek I will have my choice soon. I am trying to decide wether to invest in a lap steel guitar and learn to play or buy a decent dj system and start up a monthly lounge club at The Hale Hawaii. one thing I thought about if I do teh Lounge club is bringing in a dance teacher for the first hour fo teh club who will teacvh Samba or Bossanova. I figure this scene has gotten big enopugh that we need to get our own dance styles going. If you give a scene a dance style it brings in allot more girls. That brings in allot more guys. that means the bands and all teh artists in taht scene will be making allot more money.
I figure if I start up this lounge club i will call it "The Power Lounge", for those who take an agressive approach toward leisure.

I just finished teh refi on my house so now teh cars and teh credit cards are paid off. My mortagage is lower. It looks like I've got a really beautifuyl, smart, nice girl I'm going to start getting together with. SOmeone told me erecntly that all my recent post have been sad, deppressed, or insane. I actually agree that for awhiel my posts were all those things which is why I decided to stop posting for awhile, but things are looking up now. I t looks like I may soon be buying a second property with up to 3 units that I will be keeping just to rent out. All a part of the master plan, in two years I will buy two more properties that will be rental properties. 2 years after that I can finally use what I have as collateral and open my own Tiki Club, where I can book the musical acts and I can make sure to have a heavy Tiki influyence. It's all a part of teh master plan. It was a 5 year plan to begin with, but I would be happy if I could do it in 7. It's all about real estate. thats the one investment that is bound to pay off well. My house I bought at the end of last October has gone up 135 K since then. WHere else will you get that kind of a return on an investment. I mean unless you're a hardcore drug dealer, but then you are dealing wit a whole other set of problems.

Anyways, I'm getting off track. I'm not sad, not depressewd, and temprarily not insane. I am very much drunk but thats' okay.

the Power Lounge, how does that sound? It could be cool. Once this scene has a dance style it will become as big as rocakabilly, or swing, or any of those "counter culture" scenes.

Alright I should turn in now. By the wayt did I mention how great it is that Tiki Central now has a spot dedicated specifically for drunken posts?

K

On 2004-11-26 01:20, suicide_sam wrote:

the Power Lounge, how does that sound?

Okay, I'll bite.

"The Power Lounge" ain't workin' for me man. Sounds like it would be the kind of place where suits wearing too much over priced aftershave would go to drink scotch and smoke cigars.

"Power" is much too strong a word for what you are trying (I think) to convey.

Anyway, that fulfills my quota for replies to drunks outside of the bar.

Take it easy Sam. Go get y'self some eggs and hash browns and a strong cup a joe at the diner and it'll be a beautiful morning.

Cheers!

Ku Ku

[ Edited by: Ku Ku Ahu on 2004-11-28 15:05 ]

On 2004-11-27 10:00, Ku Ku Ahu wrote:

On 2004-11-26 01:20, suicide_sam wrote:

the Power Lounge, how does that sound?

Okay, I'll bite.

"The Power Lounge" ain't workin' for me man.

Don't you get it though man, its teh dichodemy that makes it greta. I now I mispelled dichodemy but what the hell I'm drunk again so I don't care. But it's kind of a joke. Like Power waliking, which I think is one of teh funniest thingfs I have ever seen in my life. Power Lounging, like an agressive approach toward leisure, don'te you see the loke in that? Agressivley dedictaing yourslef toward lounging.

Anyways I havce been drinking all night at a couple of bars tonight and I am feeling pretty good right now.

Ey did you ever hear this one:

Whats teh difference between a drunk and and alcoholic?

An alcoholic has to go to meetings!

I'm too busy Power Napping for meetings!

K

Do you have any Power Bars? I'm hungry...

Ku Ku

I like the contrasting words, but power is overused today...Lounge Solutions would be just as bad.

I think if the Nazis were business people today, they would call the Camps something like Power-lounges...

I do love the contrast tho..."Banana Blue","Desert Tide" kinda thing...that's just me tho

the thing that comes to mind is SF's Power Exchange, and you don't want to KNOW what happens in there! ok, maybe you do...

http://www.powerexchange.com/frame.html

it's a self-proclaimed "sex club"

On 2004-12-02 15:00, dangergirl299 wrote:
the thing that comes to mind is SF's Power Exchange, and you don't want to KNOW what happens in there! ok, maybe you do...

http://www.powerexchange.com/frame.html

it's a self-proclaimed "sex club"

I wish that was the first thing that came to my mind, but horrifyingly I went straight to 'The Power Station', that unspeakable band combining the coke-laden excesses of some Duran Duran spazzes with the , er....coke-laden excesses of that unclassifiable fuckwit Robert Palmer.

Compared to listening to them, an anonymous poke up the arse in some dingy club seems like a valid alternative.

Trader Woody

D

Dangergirl299-I haven't delved into the whole site of The Power Exchange,but I must say a few things caught my eye.What on earth would you do with saran wrap-take stuff to go?And,heaven forbid,I should use saran wrap during sex play,I'd really need a lot to drink,but you can't there,so I guess I wouldn't.

On 2004-12-03 12:20, docwoods wrote:
Dangergirl299-I haven't delved into the whole site of The Power Exchange,but I must say a few things caught my eye.What on earth would you do with saran wrap-take stuff to go?And,heaven forbid,I should use saran wrap during sex play,I'd really need a lot to drink,but you can't there,so I guess I wouldn't.

I've never heard of the saran wrap. I haven't checked out the website in years - only heard stories through the grapevine. maybe it's see through clothing?
I would suspect you would want to get liquored up BEFORE you go! in fact, that would be a prerequisite for most.

There was a New York band I was quite fond of back in the early Plasticazoa period called The Fugs. They did a song called "Saran Wrap". It was about a guy who took girls to the drive-in movie and if everthing went as planned he'd peel off a piece of saran wrap that he kept in the backseat of his car to use as...well, some kind of crude profilactic. I wonder what Dr. Ruth would have to say about that!

On 2004-12-05 00:06, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
There was a New York band I was quite fond of back in the early Plasticazoa period called The Fugs. They did a song called "Saran Wrap". It was about a guy who took girls to the drive-in movie and if everthing went as planned he'd peel off a piece of saran wrap that he kept in the backseat of his car to use as...well, some kind of crude profilactic. I wonder what Dr. Ruth would have to say about that!

Why not ask an old NYC punk? From "Virgin Fugs" & "Golden Filth" LPs:

"Well it's after the prom
And I ain't got no scumbags,
Saran Wrap, Saran Wrap"

Right you are FFL. I've been searching for one of my fave Fugs albums lately - "It Crawled Into My Hand...Honest". I've been to the Fugs website but no luck. I can't find my old copy (probably sold it to make rent years ago). Any ideas?

TM
Z
Zeta posted on Sun, Sep 5, 2010 3:02 PM

El Camino del Rey!

TM
TM

Pages: 1 16 replies