Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Buying Bamboo

Pages: 1 9 replies

D

Hey All, Long time reader,First time poster... Anyway, I'm building a small tiki bar and need a small amount of bamboo to finish - 12) 1" x 3' halves. My question is will companies ship such a small amount? I thought about buying torches cutting off the top and splitting myself. Now I can't find those since it's winter and I'm in Philly. Any suggestions would be great and I'll post pics when it's complete. Hopefully before New Years Eve. Thanks, Deane

Try http://www.displayandcostume.com you can buy bamboo by the individual pole there. Select "party" on the left hand side, then click "Hawaiian" under themed parties. 1" poles 8ft long are $2.65. Also their thatching for tiki bar roofs is excellent.

D

Hey Thanks for the link ! I think I'll go with them.

Michael's Arts and Crafts usually sells different diameter bamboo in 4 and 6 ft lenghts. Its sold year round here in Athens, Ga.

deane13,

I'm in Ohio and I got a bunch of bamboo at a place called Crafts 2000. Do you have these in Philly yet?
-FB

HT

What part of Ohio is it in?

T

I bought bamboo at our local garden center. Not the best quality ad a lot of it is unevenly split or mildewed, but there were a few good pieces. Home centers usually have it in their garden depts too.

D

We have Micheal's here, I'll try it. I thought I hit the jackpot on monday when I called some nursery's and one had them for garden stakes. When I got there they were painted dark green. Oh well! I did get it built last friday, I just need the final touches, (bamboo,stools, mask etc.). The funniest part was the usual crew came over for our weekly rum-drenched Friday nights and all stood around the bar for hours with plenty of couches around. It's funny when you find yourself more comfortable standing at a bar than sitting on a couch!

F

Hale Tiki,

I'm in Springfield, pretty much in the middle of Ohio halfway between Dayton and Columbus.

C

I live in Philly too and found a place in jersey that sells bamboo, Its bambooandrattan.com, there number is 732-370-0220, not sure if they if they have a minimum order or not, I got 6 feet of bamboo fence to put on the front of my Tiki bar,

Pages: 1 9 replies