Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Best wishes to Raffertiki after surgery.

Pages: 1 26 replies

B

Raffertiki is fine after major neck surgery to repair/remove a ruptured disk. The procedure went well and Raffertiki will be home bound for a few weeks. (Maybe he can put out a few more "Marooned" strips every day,,HA Ha. Get better Nice Fishy, we need you around.

Raffertiki,

As one who has also undergone the knife, hang in there braddah, it's gonna be alright. My prayers and best wishes are with you...

Thanks guys,

The pain-killers work great, highly recommended, it's the discomfort while sleeping that's getting me. I can't complain though, because the alternative could have been pretty extreme.

Ben, the Christmas edition of "Marooned on the Mainland" will be dedicated to you.

Great to hear the surgery went well. My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hope you recover quickly John. Hang in there!

Thanks for the positive vibes. I'm soaking 'em in from where ever I can get them.

For some interesting reading, below are various quotes from doctors upon seeing my MRI:

"I can't figure out how your even standing here taliking to me."

"If I had to rate your condition from one to ten, I would say yours is an eleven."

"This is the worst case of spinal chord compression I've ever seen."

"Of course get a second opinion, but do it fast."

"Your disk has slipped by 2.5cm."

"Drive very safely because if you get rear-ended...don't get rear-ended."

After the surgery:

"As bad it looked on the MRI, it was much worse once we got in there."

"It's a miracle you weren't paralized."

By a curious orthopedic surgeon who stopped by, "...and you don't have any numbness down your arm or leg?" nope "Incredible.""I wan't you to avoid all contact sports for four months."

And from my wife, "I always said you were a freak of nature."

P

Well, then... congratulations on baffling the medical minds.

Hope your recovery is as painless as possible and your patience level stays high.

P

oops - a triple post.

No I haven't been drinking.

[ Edited by: pablus on 2004-11-27 18:40 ]

P

[ Edited by: pablus on 2004-11-27 18:41 ]

B

Raffertiki, did you give Pablus your pain killers? Maybe it is a contact high..?
Well after hearing what all your doctors said, I suppose you are one LUCKY guy. Ku must hae been with you all the way.
Heres to quick mending, no pain and high spirits. You might ask your do for a few Ambien to help you sleep. Getting a good nights sleep helps the healing procces so call him asap.
Relieved, you are OK.

T

Good luck to you Raffertiki, hope you heal ok! I hear Mai Tais help, but do not mix them with your meds!

On 2004-11-27 18:38, pablus wrote:

No I haven't been drinking.

Say what? Are you OK Pablus?

Much Aloha Raffertiki.
:tiki:

P

Yeah, been working out.
Building up my strength for CA with a series of "binge and release."

I'm on my recoup days after a particularly long and liquid Thanksgiving.

I should turn pro - but I really do it for the love of the sport.

Every day I feel a little bit closer to normal. I'm going to wait a week or so before hitting the Mai tais. Ahh m a i t a i s. Ambien sounds worth asking about.

Pablus, true athletes know when to give their muscles a rest in order to improve their performance. If they had a "Pro Volcano Bowl" I'm sure you'd make the cut.

Thanks again for the well-wishes.

All the best for a speedy recovery. Of course mai-tais are a fine tonic, but a little red wine can work some magic, too! Be better soon.

-Weird Unc

Glad to hear you are doing better Nice Fishy!

M

Get well soon!

Glad to hear your doing better. Best wishes.

Thank you weirdunc, Unga, martiki, and rodeotiki. I actually went out last night for a pint and a turkey burger.

Judd, I may have something to trade soon for more of that Magic red.

On 2004-11-29 07:17, Raffertiki wrote:
I actually went out last night for a pint and a turkey burger.

ahh... homeopathic remedies... :)

all the best on your speedy recovery!

The though of that kind of surgery makes me cringe! Best of luck Raffertiki! Get well soon!
-FB

Keep getting better! And take your time getting better from this, you really don't want to have to do this all over again! Relapses from back & neck surgery are really the worst.

Thanks J$, FB, and FF.

And take your time getting better from this, you really don't want to have to do this all over again! Relapses from back & neck surgery are really the worst.

The only problem with taking my time getting better is, I'm borrowing against next year's vacation. I was hoping to go to either going to Tiki Oasis or Hukilau, but probably not now. I'll need at least a week to preserve my sanity. If the doc says it's okay to go back to work next week, I gots to go. Luckily I just sit behind a computer.

B

Yep, the old Cashola thing will get you better in a hurry, but don't push it. Looks like you are feeling better though. Keep up the good progress.

I'm thinking next Tuesday will be a good day to get back to work. Good thing I went for the bionic upgrade package.

The party is officially over. I'm going back to work on Thursday.

Pages: 1 26 replies