Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NW Territory Happy Hour is Back!

Pages: 1 2 47 replies

We're going to pick up the First Friday schedule again, starting this Friday, the 3rd at 6:00 at Portland's Alibi. Hope to see lots of NW Tiki Centralites as well as any TC folks who happen to be visiting Portland at that time.

If you can't make it this time, don't fret - we plan to start doing this monthly like we used to.

TM

K
Kim posted on Tue, Jan 30, 2007 10:29 AM

Wow, this thread is even older than I thought.

However, the NW Crawl group is starting to plan this year's event, and we realized that we've been a bit light in our socializations with local TC folks. Therefore, we're planning a Alibi Happy Hour on Friday February 9!

Please come by after work (5:30-6:30), have a drink or two, and get to know each other (so you'll be comfortable enough to drunkenly tell them how much you love them at this year's Crawl!).

S

Count me in!!!

RB

EXCELLENT! Dates set yet for this summer's gala?

P

Whoot! Will we be alternating between Alibi and Thatch?

T

L-that is our plan, we figure we have to spread the love (and the non-smokingness for those so inclined).

P

You hit the Tiki on the head: non-smokiness! :) I think the Mr. will be looking forward to meat sandwiches at the Alibi so a trade off will be nice. Mmmmm, rum drinkies!

E

I am going to be a ruiner and invite others. You know, the ones that still need to be converted to a better way of life. Tiki life.

Fun! I'll be there with my husband. So how will we know each other??? Is there a secret code word or shall we all wear a drink umbrella on our lapel.

S
seamus posted on Mon, Feb 5, 2007 6:48 PM

I'm sure Aloha wear will ensure we stand out at The Alibi!

M

I will be incognito:

RB

Won't be able to make tomorrow night's gathering...hosting high schoolers for dinner and virgin Hurricanes before their Mardi Gras dance. After they're off, the rum comes out for REAL Hurricanes!

See you at next month's happy hour.

If you see this chick wandering around trying to sit at every table please help her.

Thanks!

Marci

Like every Friday, I will be there.

• (secret Karaoke start, tikimonkey)

I wasn't sure if I was going to make it, but I am hung over at work right now and will be dying for a drink when 5pm rolls around. I also put a Hawaiian shirt in my car this morning, so it looks like I will be there. I will be the guy who looks hung over wearing a blue Hawaiian shirt.

M

On 2007-02-08 21:57, tikimonkey wrote:
Like every Friday, I will be there.

• (secret Karaoke start, tikimonkey)

Is it “diamond time” tonight, my friend?

It all depends on what's in my flask.

S

It was a great time at The Alibi. We hosted the after party in our yet un-named basement Tiki bar, and just said good night to the last die hard guest. Thanks to all who graced our home and gave our bar a proper break in. It was tons of fun!!!
The stumptown Tiki crew really know how to throw down!

T

Great time everyone! So good to see all the new PDX TC'ers. Seamus your bar kicks ass! I might move in. Thanks for hosting us.

It was great to meet all of you Friday night,we wish we could have made it over to Seamus'place. Next time for sure...I learned my lesson from thinking I could still dance until 2am at Lola's Room. Ugh where's my Rascal.

Wish I could have made it, but was way to hung over to make it out. Next time!

Are people meeting tonight?

On 2007-02-16 16:34, TikiTrevor wrote:
Are people meeting tonight?

As a general rule, we meet on the first Friday of the month, though that's not to say that a random number of us might not be found hanging out at Alibi or Thatch on any given Friday. Or not...

M

This Friday (Friday, March 2 2007) is March's Happy Hour at Thatch! I hope to see you all there!

-=C

S
seamus posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 9:23 AM

We're kid free tonite so we'll be there!

Count us in too!

I'll try to make it this time. I'm not hung over like I was last month. Can't get too Tipsy. I have to pick-up my parents from the airport tonight.

K
Kim posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 11:00 AM

Tikitronic and I will be there! Drinking!

RD

Katie and I will be there.

What time?

Also, does Robert know? Robert would like to know we're coming, I'm sure.

woohoo,
Joe

RD

"Right now, Joe. We're all at Thatch already."

D'oh! Well, I'm buzzing from my fog cutter and mai tai, so it wasn't an entirely fruitless NW gathering. But seriously... who'd of thought it would all be over and done by 8pm?

-Joe

RB

Dang, Rum Demon, I should've popped by to have drinks with you later Friday evening while I was waiting to pick up my daughter from a concert at the Rose Garden.

T

In case you all aren't on the NW Tiki Event Mailing List (and why aren't you? Subscribe here):

Greetings everyone, it is that time of the month again! The first Friday of the month is tomorrow, Friday, April 6.

We will be meeting at the Alibi this month, starting around 7pm-ish. We generally congregate in the back room, so come out and meet your fellow Portland tiki-philes.

If you're really nice, we might tell you the sorts of exciting things we are cooking up for Tiki Kon!

Is happy hour on for Friday? I will be in town and probably thirsty.

RB

Mr Tiki Bar, haven't heard about an official Happy Hour Friday, but if not, I'd be glad to meet you for drinks at Thatch! Hope to see you Friday.

M

Rum Balls, catch you next time. Thanks for the PM's. I think the Space Room is ripe for a visit.

Hey all, we're doing a special NW Tiki Happy Hour this month! Hope you all can make it.

We will be at Thatch on TUESDAY, JUNE 5 from 6:30pm until closing! We are partnering with Thatch to do a special NW Tiki fund raiser - half of all your food & drink purchases go straight to NW Tiki! Y'all are an expensive bunch to entertain and in order to give you the best Tiki Kon we can, we need a little cash up front.

Please come out and support us. Every drink counts, think of the children!

Thatch is at 2733 NE Broadway - 27th & Broadway, serviced by Trimet buses 77, 10, 9 and 12.

RB

Mmmmmmm...drinking for a cause! Count me in.

M

On 2007-05-30 07:56, Rum Balls wrote:
Mmmmmmm...drinking for a cause! Count me in.

Tell your friends! Bring your friends! Check out the new website! http://www.tikikon.com

I just booked my room at the Jupiter! See you guys on Tues.

I've just been informed by our charming host, Robertiki, that he will be doing a good old fashioned raffle for the right to blow up a pair of Tevas at Thatch on June 5. Since you all know my deep, strong feelings about this tragic footwear, you all can show up and attempt to save them from their righteous fate.

[ Edited by: TikiMama 2007-05-31 11:23 ]

I hope it has a white tube sock draped inside of it, or even better one of those plastic foot form/manniquin things wearing the sock and sandal. Oh yeah...I want a piece of that action!!

I'm soooooooo there!

Oooga Booga

Hooray!

I will be there, possibly with bells on.

M

Tonight, tonight!

Thanks to everyone who showed up, what fun!

and beware the Donkey Punch. That's a lot of Lemon Hart 151.

eep!

Yes that was fun! Good thing we got the mondo pupu platter to soak up all the rum. I think I had one of everything...hahaha.

Anything else happening before Tiki Kon?

When is the next happy hour?

[ Edited by: KAMAKOONGA 2007-07-02 14:09 ]

T

We're suspending this month's happy hour due to insanity on the part of the organizers! See y'all at the end of the month.

Pages: 1 2 47 replies