Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Last Tiki bar in Indiana, 4 Dec. 2004

Pages: 1 5 replies

I know it's short notice, but I'm going to be in Greenwood, In., home of Lotus Garden, the last Tiki bar in Indiana, this weekend & I'm hoping to stop in Saturday around Noon for some drinks & a greasy egg roll. If anyone wants to visit this minor Tiki oasis in the heart of corn country, nows the time!

T

"last Tiki Br in Indiana", indeed.

Tiki Bob's Cantina in Indy doesn't count!

Where is Greenwood?
I am tempted...

JT, it's at 49 Mercator Dr., Greenwood, In. Here's Lotus Garden in "Locating Tiki". I believe it's the last of a chain of old school Chinese retaurants in the Indianapolis area, there used to be one up in Lebanon that was Streamline Moderne styled with deep red leather tuck-n-roll booths, but it was closed the last time I tried to stop by there.

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2004-12-01 09:52 ]

T

I hadn't seen the Lotus Garden entry in Locating Tiki before.

So funny how we both wrote almost the EXACT same quote about Tiki Bob's ("Tiki Bob's Cantina in Indy doesn't count!") on differrent threads.

Well, I was hoping it was in northern Indy... given the drive, I won't be able to make it this time. Have fun.

I have a number of pictures of the bar area, some drinks, the drink menu, the waterfall & bridge with the Moais supporting the handrail, but my scanner's been down for months. I'll try to fiddle it tonight & post these pictures to "Locating Tiki." I want to take more pictures of the interior this time: I'd like a picture of the palm thatch roofed cashier station, maybe some more of the waterfall, and of course some more of the drinks. :D

C

Hey freddie,
I can't wait to hear your report from the great hoosier state. I'm originally from Indianapolis and I have some friends there who are gonna be very happy if this place turns out to still be worthwhile.

[ Edited by: calneva on 2004-12-01 22:05 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies