Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Star Tours Robot Voice

Pages: 1 10 replies

Call me crazy but the little robot that drives the Star Tours simulator at Disneyland sounds exactly like Paul Rubens. It even had a little "Pee Wee" laugh during the monolog. Of course the voice sounds a little different because they recorded the sound using "robot" effects.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

M

Kinda makes you concerned about what exactly that robot's doing with his robot hands don't it?!

...so funny I forgot to laugh!

T

Don't forget to wipe up the hydrolic fluid when your done !

Yikes, double post

[ Edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-12-01 14:14 ]

I was just there and thought (C3pO) sounded like Tony Blair.

an even lesser known fact is that darth vader's voice is by dr. ruth and han solo's voice is by morton downey jr.

T

I'm just stunned that there's a website called "lucasfan". Oy.

To me this is a perfect example of Imagineering spending money on the wrong resources. With the exception of movie tie-ins, why do any WDI attractions need celebrity actors? I noticed the Dinosaur ride at Animal Kindgom had Claire from the Cosby Show and a guy from Veronica's Closet in the intro video. Why?! How does Star Tours benefit from a celebrity voice? I think it only detracts.

To be fair, they used Paul Rubens when he was a virtually unknown actor in Hollywood.

When Star Tours opened it was more of an inside joke than anything else. He was uncredited.

There's a lot of famous people in Disney attractions, and it goes all the way back in Disney history, starting with Walt's supervision.

The very first Audio Animatronic figure was based on Buddy Ebsen's tap-dancing.

Pages: 1 10 replies