Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Ornaments at Menards (now with pics)

Pages: 1 20 replies

D

Aloha,

I just came back from Menards looking for a tree. Didn't find one I liked but they have Hawaiian themed ornaments. Tiki mug ornaments complete with drink umbrellas, metal Hawaiian postcards, snowmen holding pineapples, mini Hawaiian shirts, mini drinks with umbrellas, tropical fish lights, (no blowfish) and for the parrot heads (lighted parrots). I bought all the Tiki mug ones they had and one of the Hawaiian postcards.

Our lives are not in the lap of the gods, but in the lap of our cooks - Lin Yutang

[ Edited by: Dimethios on 2004-12-01 21:02 ]

I've seen these at a few otherwise overwhelmingly "cute" Christmas stores in CA. Got mine at Orchard Nursery in Lafayette & a store in Folsom antique district. I was so happy to get the last green moai! They also had mercury glass style ornaments that were puffer fish, probably all from the same distributor.

The same store has ornaments that are supposed to look like the mugs with wahines & palm trees, but the mugs have handles like beer steins, so I passed.

S

Anyone seen these in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks for the pics!

DL

For all you Maryland tikiphiles, I found the tiki mug ornaments at the Christmas store in St. Michaels. :)

T

all of these ornaments can be found at your local macy's department store. someone already bought out the entire tree at the flagship macy's at valley fair. (now which one of you guys did this?)

Z

A whole tree? Bah,hahahahaha! It wasn't me!

tikicleen, did you get your tiki ornaments, or did this tree hog beat you to it?

I'm too cowardly to step into a Macy's yet, working up the strength. Hard to shop with friends that have no tiki radar & humor.

S

Nothing at Macy's Glendale or Burbank. Any sightings?

C
croe67 posted on Sun, Dec 5, 2004 7:35 PM

If there are a few of you who just must have these, I would be happy to stop and see if I can get some to help out some fellow TCers, as we have several Menards nearby (they are based in WI....) & the one I was in today had several of the tiki mugs remaining in good condition. The drink with the strawberry & the margarita glass seem to be a bit harder to find without the umbrellas broken off of the strawberry one. The Tiki Mugs are about $3.95 each & this week all of the Menards ornaments are 1/3 off. They have the metal postcard ones, too. Anyway - email me if you'd like me to see if I can get some of these for you & let me know specifically what you'd like. Amazing - we have something TIKI in the Midwest that you West Coasters are finding difficult to get - go figure!
:drink:

D

Yeah Croe, good idea. We could trade the west coast folks for some real tiki mugs! Those are very hard for me to find at least. Oh and about the drink with the strawberry. I actually took that one off their tree. (the only one they had) I think I will go back today and take advantage of that sale you were talking about. I have some ideas for decorating my bar area with them.

E
Erika posted on Mon, Dec 6, 2004 11:36 AM

Nothing at the Deptford Mall Macy's in south Jersey.

(Well, none of the tiki mugs, postcards, etc. There were three different Christopher Radko glass ornaments of tikis. $36 or $39 each--the price was so large it didn't stick in my memory.)

Found these Tiki ornaments online while I was searching for something else:

http://www.radko.net/ra1011052.html

Oops. Here's another site that has three instead of two:

http://www.radkosales.com/christmas_4.htm

Evidently Radko has an Aloha Shirt glass ornament as well, with a tiki theme:

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-12-09 01:45 ]

E
Erika posted on Thu, Dec 9, 2004 11:33 AM

On 2004-12-09 01:35, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Found these Tiki ornaments online while I was searching for something else

Yep! Those are the little guys I saw at Macy's.

They remind me of the overly colorful tiki-themed paper plates, napkins, and decorations that were at Party City (and no doubt elsewhere) the last couple summers. (Not that I wouldn't still buy them if they were under ten bucks!)

[ Edited by: Erika on 2004-12-09 11:34 ]

M

This year my wife surprised me with "Style B" in the top picture that Sabu posted. He sits proudly at the top of our tree. For the last month I've been hearing, "I know something Tiki you don't know".

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-12-09 12:06 ]

C

I was out picking up a few of these for our fellow TCers & I did pick up a few extra sets for TCers who may still be interested. I have 3 sets of the 4 tiki mug ornaments - as shown at the picture at the beginning of this post. The sets & postage are at cost, of course, which ends up as $9.84 + postage.

The first TCers to contact me get 'em!! Trades also welcome.... :)
:drink:

K

I'll take a set or two ...

UJ

On 2004-12-01 17:26, Dimethios wrote:

Has anyone seen these in the stores yet, or anything like them? I'm wantingto get some for my little tree that sits on my bar. I wish I hadn't missed out last year.

I received the Smithsonian Store Catalogue yesterday and spotted these three ornaments.

They're available here. Though not tiki, they are very cute.

Has anyone seen these in the stores yet, or anything like them? I'm wantingto get some for my little tree that sits on my bar. I wish I hadn't missed out last year.

I bought a set like this at Hilo Hatties in Honolulu several years ago. I just bought a second set at a store inside Orlando's Islands of Adventure just a few weeks ago. There is a Christmas store inside the park and I think it was called Port of Entry Christmas Shoppe. Maybe you can track down a set from that information

On the other hand...you have more fingers.

[ Edited by: Dancin' Lizard 2005-10-10 00:10 ]

Thanks DL!

I'll start searching asap!

found these today, but they are kinda high priced. The hula dancer is my fav.
All around $30 each, hand painted, blown glas gift boxed....
http://www.ornaments2remember.com/index.php/cPath/34

I have also found some good tiki stuff from Christopher Radko collector: http://www.radkotreasures.com Of course you can also try macy's.

Pages: 1 20 replies