Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Flash Images

Pages: 1 2 replies

K

Can anyone tell me how to extract an image out of a website Flash page? I'd like to 'shop up the main Rhum Barbancourt page for a little project I had in mind and it isn't as if you can merely "right click -save picture as" in Flash Player.

Anybody? I'm not terribly Flash Savvy.

Ku Ku

i just do a "shift+print screen" which copies whatever's on your screen at the moment to the clipboard and then paste it into photoshop to fix it up how i want.

K

Thanks, hadn't thought of that.

Worked like a charm, although I wish the Barbancourt folks would use less pixelated images.

You see, I have this old seventies beer advert sign that is in the shape of a barrel with a translucent picture ad in the middle that lights up.

After disassembling the beast, I figured I could store the beer ad bit for posterity, and just have a new translucent pic made for the barrel that would be more "tiki bar appropriate". That has been the plan awaiting just the right image. And then I head to the Barbancourt web page and there it is, the perfect graphic. It's got barrels and everything.

So I've shopped it to look like that redundant and somewhat dry seventies style of alcohol signage. Now I just have to polish it as best I can and send it to the sign shop to be printed on clear plastic stock.

Should be cool when finished.

Thanks again,

Ahu

Pages: 1 2 replies