Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Pre-holiday Tiki Dinner in Baltimore, December 4!

Pages: 1 9 replies

DL

Aloha!

The folks of marylanddctiki.com will be gathering at Ding How in Fells Point (Baltimore, MD) at 7pm on December 4 for dinner and tiki drinks!

So far, 18 have confirmed their attendance.
Anyone who will be in the Baltimore area that evening is welcome to join us! It should be a great time!

If you haven't already RSVP'ed and would like to come, please e-mail me at [email protected] before Saturday so I can let the Ding How staff know how many more to expect.

Mahalo!

Deery Luau

[ Edited by: Deery Luau on 2004-12-02 08:38 ]

[ Edited by: Deery Luau on 2004-12-02 08:41 ]

yay deery! mahalo!

if any of the greater tc ohana could make it, it would be swell!

j$

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-12-02 08:46 ]

HT

I'm in Philly now, used to live in DC. Can I still be invited? Is the restaurant worth the drive from Philly? Is it tiki? I'm in the dark here mannnn.
Aloha!

DL

Of course you are invited!

Well, it is not a tiki restaurant per se; it's a Chinese restaurant with quite good food. They serve tiki drinks in tiki mugs and volcano bowls. It's the closest thing we have to real tiki in Baltimore (at least that any of us have found still in existance). Seventeen or eighteen Baltimore/DC/Northern VA tikiphiles (so far) will be in attendance. What more do you need? I am sure we will have a great time!

Can I get an A-MEN from my MD/DC/NoVA ohana?!

[ Edited by: Deery Luau on 2004-12-02 20:12 ]

DZ

We have a Ding How in Torrance (CA) that's been there for at least 30 years. I've heard the food is good, but never thought there might be anything close to tiki inside...

Hmmm...

DL

You never know! I stumbled upon the tiki-ness at Ding How by accident, while picking up some carry-out for lunch one workday. I had a hankerin' for some Chinese food (doesn't happen often) and BAM! there they were on the bar...

On 2004-12-02 15:08, Hale Tiki wrote:
I'm in Philly now, used to live in DC. Can I still be invited? Is the restaurant worth the drive from Philly? Is it tiki? I'm in the dark here mannnn.
Aloha!

i would probably donate a body part :) if ding how was a tiki bar as it is 5 miles from mah house...

but as you all may know, as far as commercial establishments in the d.c. metro area go, we are TIKI ORPHANS now...

so we are using this event to see if Ding How might be a functional 'foster parent...'

as we all know, a fu manchu behind the bar does not a tiki bar make, but the reviews i have read for the ding how food and mixology are above average to good...

n.b.: ding how apparently means "can do" in chinese... perhaps the reason for the prevalence of the name, or maybe cause it resonates to our western ears. regardless, it might prove true on 4 december for some of us! alohaaaaaaaaa, j$

J

A-men Deery!!

amen #2!

the only good thing about being at work today is tonite = puu-puu platter and mai tai!!!

DL

Love you guys!

Pages: 1 9 replies