Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Elvis Tiki

Pages: 1 14 replies

T

Okay, I wouldn't normally do an Elvis Tiki, but when someone is willing to pay, you make an Elvis Tiki. I remember some posts about an Elviki a while back too. I haven't been around lately, lots of new carvers, I see, great stuff!

As far as Elvis Tikis go, that is about the finest I have ever seen. Nice Work!

Hey Tony,
Another great job!
I think he needs some jewelry.

You have the classic Elvis lip snear down. Nice.

Fine work! I love it's kitsch quality.

B

Welcome back T Tony. Yep, you got Elvis really good. We Know you have been wanting to carve an Elvis tiki and you finally did it.

Hubba, hubba! THat's one FINE tiki, tOny!

WHat's next? Frankie? Deano?...Wayne Newton?

Killer work Tony! Now that you have the sneer down how about a Billy Idol tiki? :wink:

Keep up the great work man.. you're overflowing with talent!

How tall is that thing?!

Tony I actually carved this one in the beginning and not realizing what the hell I was doing.......after I finished it a friend walked up and said "Elvis". I said "yeah sorta I guess". Guess it was the snarl......

Pretty cool there dude. I know what you mean about the "if people are paying for it" thing. I just carved one that had swim goggles on it at the request of the customer.

Keep up the good work!

Tiki G.

T

Bamboo Bob, thanks a million.

Unga Bunga, you're right, he does need some jewelry. The picture was taken before it was completed. The rectangle thing is actually a silver belt buckle that I carved "Elvis" into. I also put stain over the white paint so it looked very old.

Raffertiki, well the elvis lip and the whole elvis isn't even my design, I just copied what the customer wanted. It was a toy originally.

Sam Gambino, thanks, I love that ink wash you did for hale tiki.

Benzart, you got me benz, I've been dreaming of elvis for too long.

Polynesiac, I'd really want to do Sammy.

Lake Surfer, Billy idol, that's too good, I think you better do that one! THanks

yumyumkid, The elvis tiki is exactamundolly 3 feet tall.

tikifreak, Yeah, you nailed that snarl lip fo sure. You should for a full on elvis, then we can have a "creating Elvis" thread. Goggles... too funny man. But sometimes you like a new challenge!

C

T-Tony,
I am sure the King would be proud, man.
That some good Kung Fu.

Chongolio

Hey Tony Looks great like them others too the only other thing I can figure he needs is to be sitting shotgun in my daughters 32 3 window coupe. Talk to ya soon tony .

Is that a Banana at his feet? Is it about to be made into a sangwich with peanut butta and hunnea?

Nice work!

SF

Hey Tony the Elvis Tiki looks great. Love the expression and the hair. I wish I could grow sideburns like that.

Pages: 1 14 replies