Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

So, how was Disney? You freaks!!!

Pages: 1 19 replies

Many trips to the "Hair of the Dog" ride??? Or, were you all "Goody 2 Shoes" at the bash??? Damn English majors!!!

Hey, I didn't go to Disneyland either. We went to see the mission at San Juan Capistrano. Not quite the theme park, but it was $39 dollars cheaper.

So how was it,guys?

Disney ruled,
It was quite a turnout. Tiki Central took over the Tiki Room. You should have seen us Square Dancing over by Splash Mountain, someone has pictures no doubt. Here's the Tiki Room.

Johny Velour, Lady Velour, Heather, Baxdog, Martiki, Kukui Nut,King Kuke, Rebecca, Carolyn, Lindsey, Aqua RJ, Hukilau Brown, Dr.Z, Tikibell, Floratina, Sabu the Coconut Boy, Unidentified reveler, Shell in the Pacific, Hanford Lenmore,Sven and Cherry Capri. It was great to see my pals, and, it was great to meet new ones. It was EPIC!!!!
Al

[ Edited by: alnshely on 2002-10-01 07:37 ]

Disneyland was surreal. What a trouper Sven was - first to make it to the Tiki Bash and then to trek around the park for hours with a smile on his face.

Top Ten Favorite Moments at Disneyland
10. AlnShelly's boundless hospitality: When Al started out the day by pulling out his record collection and playing Disneyland music.
9. King Kuke getting everyone to sing all the wrong songs on the pirate's ride as we rode past Blue Bayou like "it's a small world after all"
8. TikiBell's joy of tinkerbell display.
7. Baxdog's endless witty sillyisms.
6. Playing the impromptu steel drum jam at Tarzan's Tree House with C.B. Howlie and Hukilau "Mateo" Brown
(a reprise of this was heard while we beat the seat of the boat as we road past the Aku Akus in Small World at the end of the night)
5. Having every ride be "the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki boat..." (where there pirates sing and slit your throat - thanks to Sabu the Coconut Boy)
4. Square Dancing Hoe Down after King Kukulele egged on his fiddling friend in front of Splash Mountain.
3. Having Bamboo Skewers at the Bengal BarbeQue and Sven saying "that's real Polynesian sauce."
2. The infamous Maynard showing up as Tiki Boy at the Tiki Room and giving us "tiki protection helmets" (napkins for the birds above)
By the way... Here's Maynard's website: http://www.maynardhomepage.com/

1. The moment of spontaneous hilarity when Sven's full frontal (thanks to floratina's duck and cover) face showed up on the Splash Mountain Camera.

What a day!!! Great to meet so many new friends and share priceless memories with old ones.

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2002-10-01 01:33 ]

Oh, that ride up the ramp after pirates. I never did have a cigarette...

Thank you Al and Shelley, you were like the most patient parents hording the kids through the park. And thanks Denny for pulling strings with your fellow "cast members" (entertainers at Disneyland)
Hey, who do I bribe to NOT post my Splash Mountain picture :) ARRGH!

T

What a great day!
I think I bought about $75 worth of Tinker Bell pins.
Alnshely's hospitality was boundless. They even had Coffee sigh.
Thank you TikiCentralites for welcoming me with open arms. We had such a blast, let's do it again next year!

Hi Ya'll~ Johnny Velour, my friend Heater, and I had a WONDERFUL time @ "THE LAND" on Sunday!!!! It really is the "happiest place on Earth"......just don't tell Johnny I said that. (ha ha) Just wanted to thank everyone for a really "swell" time and I enjoyed breaking bread with ya'll too. Looking forward to seeing everyone @ Johnny's "end of the summer" party on Oct. 12!!!! Until then~ be happy and well. :) smiles~ Lady Velour aka......Robin :)

A
aquarj posted on Sun, Nov 3, 2002 3:36 PM

Only took me about 5 weeks to post these, but here are more pics from the big Disneyland day on the Tiki Farm weekend!

Hanford momentarily distracted from the Dole pineapple show.

Some guy outside the Tiki Room.

The Dole pineapple show.

The burning moais in Small World. I'm sure someone else has a less blurry pic, but that's my best one.

More Small World.

Dinner at the Blue Bayou.

-Randy

H

On 2002-10-01 01:32, Futura Girl wrote:

1. The infamous Maynard showing up as Tiki Boy at the Tiki Room and giving us "tiki protection helmets" (napkins for the birds above)
    By the way... Here's Maynard's website: http://www.maynardhomepage.com/

Maynard's Tiki Room spiel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goYuZ69rRss

The days when Hanford and a website brought some great people together for a (I hate to say it) a "magical" time.
(2002 through 2004)

but TC still has it's moments.

Here's to TC, and thanks for the bump Hak.

:lol: I didn't know Ben had 500 posts BEFORE he was ordained "Rev" :lol:

DZ

Wow... we all look so... young...

MT

Although it sometimes feels like a lot of the old timers have moved on, it does feel good to know that more than half of the peeps in this thread, and especially this last picture, are for the most part active in the Tiki Scene in some way, shape, or form, despite job transfers, marriages, break-ups, divorce, friendship fall-outs, and lord knows what else.

Good to have knocked one or two back with them over the past year as well! Cheers to you guys! :drink:

I miss Baxdog

DZ

On 2010-11-06 10:03, Luckydesigns wrote:
I miss Baxdog

Friend him on FaceBook & you'll see him every day!

A

Fun to see this again - brings back a little nostalgia for the "old days". A lot has happened in 8 years! Including greater bandwidth that makes it more reasonable to post bigger pics. Here's a few left out...

(Some) men of TC, circa 2002. I don't remember why this is just men - must've been a good reason.

Another shot of the TC crowd at the ETR lanai. Note how numerous male TCers have more and/or longer hair. King Kuk and Hukilau Brown are both sporting "business upfront, rock and roll in the back."

Same group shot as Sabu's, plus Sabu and minus Maynard

The impromptu square dancing outside Splash Mountain

With apologies to Sven, my documentation duty compels me to re-post this here for the record.

-Randy

Okay, when are we all going next!?

Some TC veterans.

Pages: 1 19 replies