Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

I need a Tiki Lava Lamp

Pages: 1 25 replies

Does anyone know where I can find a Tiki Lava Lamp? I've seen them before, but I don't know where to purchase one.

Thanks!

target had them, or try spencers.

Yeah Spencers! I saw some cool ones there. Target may have retired theirs for the time being, it seemed to resemble a BarTiki style. I wonder about finding some of these out of season at the outlet malls.

TM

I got one at Target and one at Spencers. I got both on clearance, so I doubt if they'll be back. I'll keep a lookout, if I find one I'll pick it up......Welcome to Tiki Central.

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-12-04 12:01 ]

Thanks! I know that Target had them, but they're all gone now. I'll check Spencers. Keep a look out for me! Thanks for the welcome. :)

Does anybody know who designed the Target lamp? It looks like the work of a TC'r, if so Kudos!

R

On 2004-12-04 09:50, MusikaTiki-a wrote:
I need a Tiki Lava Lamp

Yeah so do I! Someone please show me a picture of one :wink:

It's a longshot, but in many cities Target donates it's clearance stuff to Goodwill if it didn't sell at 90% off.
I've seen this scenario play out a couple of times with toys: someone at Target finds a box of stuff (or they are shipped a box quite late) that's already clearanced and they put it out. It scans as "not on file" and, lacking any better plan, the manager dumps it on Goodwill. Ironically, once it is priced at Goodwill, its back up to about 50% off.
I suspect Target's and Spencer's tiki lava lamps were made by the same company, btw, so they'll probably surface somewhere else with slight modifications.

D

Here's a pic of mine I just took.

That's a great Tiki Lava Lamp! jealousy is stirring.... :)

I got the tiki glitter light and plasma ball too. The next thing on my hit list is going to be the moai plasma lamp.

TM

I have one from Target and one from Spencers plus the Spencers Tiki Lounge light up sign. The close up is of the Spencers version (lava lamp). I know a lot of purists (and I consider myself one) scoff at the Target / Spencers stuff, but I think some of it it mixes in well. In the 2nd pic below you can see the 'new' lamps, 'old' s&p shakers, 'new' bobble head & 'old' velvet painting as I have them set up in my office.

Who cares what purists think?If you ike it.It counts

K
Kono posted on Tue, Dec 7, 2004 5:27 PM

MusikaTiki-a, what part of the country (or world) are you from?

On 2004-12-07 14:42, AlmostHuman wrote:
Who cares what purists think?If you ike it.It counts

I agree! I've found some of the best tiki gear at places like target, spencers, and even goodwill. :)

On 2004-12-07 17:27, Kono wrote:

Orange County, California

On 2004-12-07 17:27, Kono wrote:

Orange County, California.

BTW you joined on my birthday!!!!!!!

Definitely try Spencers. I'll check the ones here on O'ahu and If I find one - I'll get it and ship it to you.

Welcome-

MTM

K

I got one from target still in the box. email me and I am sure we can work out a deal. Actually tried to take it back to target and they wouldn't take it back said it is already out of there system. Orginially got it as a gift but I really don't care for it.

Musika-

What part of OC? I'm originally from Dana Point... Live in hawaii now...

MTM

I live in Santa Ana, CA Dana Point is about 25 minutes from home. I'm going to Hawaii in May! I've never been and I can't wait. :)

kbgator-- I sent you an email about the tiki lamp. I hope you got it!

[ Edited by: MusikaTiki-a on 2004-12-08 19:24 ]

K

got it check your email

I lived in San Clemente for the past 10 years and have only lived in Hawaii since thi spast March. You're gonna love it here. Spend time up on the North Shore, country- Windward side, South Shore ... Stay away from town (Honolulu, Waikiki area) if you want to experience TRUE Hawaii...

Aloha
MTM

MM

Here is a little tiki i did last year. Hope you guys like it! I am into anything lava. Actually, putting another one together as I post this will be a Blue glitter tiki, will post a pic when finished.
Thanks!

[ Edited by: Mr. MaGoo 2013-06-22 05:34 ]

I know someone who MADE a lava lamp. They got the info off of a science fair page, I believe. It's actually pretty simple...I was there when it was created.

Ho-Tep-Nefti
Tiki Goddess Extraordinaire

[ Edited by: Ho-Tep-Nefti 2013-07-30 07:42 ]

On 2013-06-22 05:31, Mr. MaGoo wrote:
...Actually, putting another one together as I post this will be a Blue glitter tiki, will post a pic when finished...

Pages: 1 25 replies