Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Does anyone know a Tiki German interpreter?

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hey Unga, Ich spreche ein bischen Deutsch (just enough to talk myself out of getting arrested). The sculpture is 40" tall x 18" deep x 15 3/4" wide. It is fabricated from some kind of weather resistant building material (cinder block?) The price is 1.200,00 Euros (don't know what the $ conversion is today). The last part deals w/ shipping costs (none listed for US). The description basically says the sculpture is an interpretation of the statues found on Rapa Nui. For further information you'll have to talk to BigBro.

Thanks Joe!

.........it's frost and weather resistant and sculptured from a single lava block. It weighs about 80 pounds.

[ Edited by: kaiserstyle on 2004-12-05 04:27 ]

Ich finde die Gesichtszuege sind nicht gut getroffen, zu gedrungen, nicht laenglich genug...

Which means that in my opinion they didn't do a good job with the facial features, too squat, not elongated enough.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-12-05 07:57 ]

On 2004-12-05 07:56, bigbrotiki wrote:
Ich finde die Gesichtszuege sind nicht gut getroffen, zu gedrungen, nicht laenglich genug...

Which means that in my opinion they didn't do a good job with the facial features, too squat, not elongated enough.

Ya Sven, It really does look like an artist's rendition. He looks like he's sitten at the bus stop and he's pissed off because he missed the bus, and has to wait for the next one.
80 poounds of shipping would cost more than the piece of art. So much for that.
Thanks for your help guys!

Pages: 1 5 replies