Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Mellow Hits Needed! Please help!

Pages: 1 6 replies

T

I need a list of songs for my wedding reception that would be crowd pleasers for both young and old. There will be no dancing - I'm looking for more mellow hits, jazz and exotica - but something people will still recognize. Of course all online 'wedding request' lists are full of Celine Dion and Elton John, and I would rather chew on glass than play that. A list of cool songs would be great. Even greater is if you email me MP3's of those songs so I can burn them for the wedding CD!!!! The party is on Saturday.

my email is [email protected]. Please send music! Your contribution will be noted, and in a way, you will be part of the party!

T

Of course the songs could be romantic in nature, but don't HAVE to be.

D

[ Edited by: DaneTiki 2009-08-30 19:30 ]

Hi Tikifish... Wow - this Saturday! Congratulations!
Go to our website and click on the "songs" link. There is a list of tunes we do for weddings and parties. Look in the Brazilia and Jazz categories. We did a whole wedding of just Brazilia (we'd NEVER do Celine or Whitney). Brazilia is especially nice because everyone recognizes those songs, even if they don't know the titles. Same with the jazz standards.
http://www.cherrycapri.com good luck!

I just uploaded some streaming audio of some Brazilia and jazz on that songs page - not good enough quality to burn, but you'll get a taste of the style. I really like Black Orpheus.

T

Wow thanks!
Just for the record, I got married August 4th in Japan, but we're having the party for the canadian contingent on saturday.

Now, if they'd just open the damn Chin Tiki soon, we could have the party for out Detroit contingent there too!

TK

Wellllll....There is always MY cd's....

Pages: 1 6 replies