Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: ebay: Want an Instant Tiki Mug Collection?

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hello,

I am selling most of my tiki mug collection on ebay. Some of the mugs I will list are quite rare, and all will be listed very cheaply with no reserve. It will take a while to list everything, but the first few auctions may be found here:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZvse1tQQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1
If you have any questions about anything, let me know. I hope that the mugs go to good homes, preferably someone from tikicentral.

Why are you selling your collection?

M

I have been seeing a selling trend for the last 6 months.

Entire collections getting put up all at once and some of the TC folks have been steadily selling them in batches every couple months.

Maybe those of us who will continue to collect might see prices softening.....

I don't plan to sell all my mugs, but I do want to pare down my collection by a lot. I've had most of these mugs for six or seven years and in that time my tastes have changed. I drink an awful lot more wine than rum, for example, and I find that I rarely take time to enjoy my mugs, much less to dust them. They deserve a new home with an owner who will appreciate them more than I do now.

As for the second comment, prices definitely have softened for mugs. It's a good time to be buying, in my opinion. Even the 'common' mugs I have listed right now are not easy to find anymore. Curiously, it seems that new mugs are commanding higher prices than old ones, which makes no sense to me at all.

Finally, it's a lot of work to list these things. I still have at least as many mugs to sell as are now listed on ebay. If bidding is lackluster, I might just pack up the rest until there is more interest.

Pages: 1 3 replies