Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Denver tiki show and yours truly....

Pages: 1 8 replies

MD

Got my happy butt into Denvers sophisticated savage tiki show at DC Gallery at the last friggin hour!
I was working, saw and ad for this show with Josh Agle(shag) The Pizz, Alex Meyer, and more........so I called to see if they had any carvings.....NO! The guy that was supposed to backed out and left them high and dry.....NO KIDDING SAYS I!
Long story short.
I've got three tiki to 'em at 5pm, show started at 7pm. My Moai i've been varnishing wasn't even dry when it went for a ride downtown in the back of my truck.
During the opening the gallery smelled of Varnish! Everybody was getting stoned from the fumes! Ha!
They put the two big guys right in the front window for pete's sake! People wanted this one and that one and can I make more? How soon? Etc.!
Somebody punch me.....this can't be real!

Punch! Awesome way to take advantage of a situation.

B

Way to go. Talk about being at the right place at the right time, Man you did it.
Great

Nice one, dale!

Your carvings are excellent, you deserve the praise and the raise! ($$$)

Hey Mr. Dale, great to hear from you. I guess you've been saving 'em up? Hope you snapped a few pix for us before you sold 'em!!! Congrats on your good luck & your sale & your new side profession!

A-A

COOL, tiki all over, even a mile high. There's a hunger out there. Feed the masses.

HT

PUNCH!

H
Helz posted on Thu, Dec 9, 2004 5:26 PM

Congrats Mr. Dale. I look forward to seeing them at the DC show, when I'm out in CO for the holidays...

Congrats! Any pictures?

Pages: 1 8 replies