Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Oh my God! A small Kahiki poster goes for 107.95!

Pages: 1 6 replies

R

The cool bamboo lamps have only gotten around $70-$90, but a lobby card size poster picture of the place brought in 107.95! Somebody knock off a 17x28 poster of this place fast! :lol:

R

Now all anybody has to do is find the issue of Life magazine from December 1st 1967 and they will have the same thing at a much lower price I suspect.That was the year of my birth (in Honolulu but I was 2 when we moved back to the mainland) and it makes me want to haunt the local old book and magazine stores here in Houston.

I have that actual ad from life!

That is a great night exterior of the surrounding gardens though, with the tea house and those great Tikis by J.J. Hite that were almost gone when I photographed there.
Obviously worth it for a Kahiki Kollector.

R

On 2004-12-06 07:57, AlmostHuman wrote:
Now all anybody has to do is find the issue of Life magazine from December 1st 1967 and they will have the same thing at a much lower price I suspect.That was the year of my birth (in Honolulu but I was 2 when we moved back to the mainland) and it makes me want to haunt the local old book and magazine stores here in Houston.

Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=280&item=4509021664&rd=1

[ Edited by: Rattiki on 2004-12-06 14:46 ]

Thanx for finding that for me RatTiki...I'd say "mahalo" but I don't wanna look like I'm a poser...

Pages: 1 6 replies