Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mai Kai Bowl Delivered today?!!?!?

Pages: 1 10 replies

B

Anyone else get one of these?

I pre-ordered this thing many moons ago (almost forgot about it) and was surprised to find a box from The Farm today. I figured it was the Ape mug, but the box looked waaaaay too big.

Lo & Behold, Its the mystery bowl! Well worth the wait. Huge & heavy. (I dont remember 'em being this big at the Mai Kai, but after a few cocktails there, everything loses perspective).

So....anyone have any clue how to mix the Mai Kai Mystery Drink? And can ya teach my Wahine the dance?

FYI: King Kukulele was presented with the very first Mai Kai Bowl available to the public as his birthday present at his party at Sam's Seafood! He doesn't drink, but he was happy that he can now sit and eat a WHOLE box of cereal without refilling the bowl!

For those of you that will actually use this bowl, I can't give you any info on the ingredients for the Mystery Drink, but I can tell you that the "inner circle" that you see at the bottom of the bowl is where you can put your Volcano of Ice: Take shaved ice and use any food-safe cone-shaped container (strainer, sifter), fill it with the shaved ice and freeze it. When ready to use, take out your Volcano of Ice, invert it, take the point off the top (to make a flat surface) and put your 151-drenched slice-o-lime (not a wedge) on the top to light up! The Volcano of Ice keeps the drink nice & cold! Someone also suggested that you can artistically dribble Grenadine in the Volcano, without getting it in the drink, for a cool lava effect. I haven't tried that, but it seems like a good idea!

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy 2005-11-29 00:30 ]

K

Got mine today! - Boy, I'm going to need someone to share the drink with (well, maybe not!) - this thing is huge!

Colored one - orders on the way!

[ Edited by: Kanaloa on 2004-12-07 20:52 ]

A

I'm watching out my window for FEDEX or UPS....damn, I wish they would hurry up!!

SugarCaddyDaddy-

Where can I view the Mai Kai Mystery Bowl? Sounds intriguing and like something I need to adorn my bar!

Mahalo-

MTM

B

MaiTaiMafia,

here's a link to the bowls.

http://www.tikifarm.com/html/bowls.htm

And if you ever get a chance, you've GOTTA get to Ft Lauderdale and have one of these at the Mai Kai!

Thanks Bargoyle!

My Credit card is going to get a workout this month!

MTM

T

Does anyone know if the bowls are still available directly from the MaiKai restaurant, as indicated on this page?:

http://www.maikai.com/shop/mugs_glasses_bowls.htm

B

Tikigreg,

I tried (awhile ago however) to get one by calling the Mai Kai (mentioned the web site pic) and was told that they barely had enough to keep serving customers, so they weren't selling them. I assume the Tiki Farm 5 color will become the Mai kai's replacement.

Give em a call. It cant hurt. And let us know if you score one.

K

Just got mine, damn is this heavy. Awesome I am going to have a party just so I can use it. Maybe a Christmas party?

Pages: 1 10 replies