Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Looking for green moai 'plasma' lamp

Pages: 1 9 replies

S

Hello all, a bit of a strange request here. I am looking for a green moai looking (I think) 'plasma' type lamp like the one behind the bar at the Tiki-Ti.
I dont know why, but I love the look of that thing and simply MUST have one, so if anyone could help out it would be grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreatly appreciated :D

Spencers Gifts....

S
sinner posted on Tue, Dec 7, 2004 2:54 PM

Thanks AmostHuman. Unfortunately there is no longer a Spencer's gifts anywhere near me. There used to be one at the local mall, but it shut down years ago.
I checked their website, but they only have a store locator. I tried calling their customer service to request a catalog, but was told that they hadnt put out a catalog in "Oh...15 years or so", and the lady on the phone didnt really seem to care too much that I was trying to do business with them.
Just a heads up for anyone that doesnt have a spencer's near them.

aw man...That blows dead bears. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm surprised that L.A. doesn't have a Spencers .

S
sinner posted on Tue, Dec 7, 2004 3:57 PM

Upon closer inspection, there is a spencer's in LA, I just didnt see it the first time. Oops :D
I have located something very similar from a company called Lumisource, seen here: http://www.mpodesigns.com/product/LSSPOOKYELECTRA
(Just imagine that in a moai shape), but their site doesnt show the one that I'm looking for.
I was really hoping to just order this thing online, but it looks like I'm going to have to take a trip over to west LA, trust me the traffic sucks :)

HT

I run into them here and there at spencers. if you want, I can pick one up next time i see it. PM me, let me know.

K
Kono posted on Tue, Dec 7, 2004 5:21 PM

Call before you drive any distance to make sure they have one. Tiki is a summer theme and it's likely that they don't have any right now. They seem to stock them and other weird tiki items every summer.

M

I got one that hasn't really found a home in my collection, I'd trade for just about any Munktiki or Bosko mug.

T

I also have one that I'd be willing to part with. PM me if interested.

S
sinner posted on Wed, Dec 8, 2004 9:41 AM

Thanks for the offers guys. Martiki has PM'ed me offering one for sale, but I havent heard back from him yet. If that deal doesnt pan out, I'll definitely be getting in touch with one of you.

Pages: 1 9 replies