Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Not sure about this one

Pages: 1 15 replies

It will be called Thinderhead,but I'm concerned I've been working too close to this one and have some doubts. I need some feedback on this. What do you guys think?

SF

Looks great raffertiki, I did'nt see the tiki in the clouds at first. I like how he is subtle. I also like your treatment on the water. One thought maybe make one of the surfers larger in the forground and that would give even more depth to the piece and you can get more detail on him. Just a thought. Is that watercolor?

Thanks Swamp Fire. Your opinions mean alot, considering the quality of your own work. I originally had the surfers larger,but I thought it made the wave look much smaller. I'm going to have to revist that, and play around with it.

Is that watercolor?

Adobe Photoshop, actually, but without actual photos.

edited for typos

The laid-back NYer

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ Edited by: Raffertiki on 2004-12-07 17:08 ]

B

Hey Fishy, the cloud is Awesome and powerful the whole pic gives a really fearsome idea of "The Angry Gods" thought.
I agree the surfers need some polish but not much. love it

Reminds me of one of those Beverly Doolittle paintings where the Angry indian god is hiddenin the snow..., only cooler.

nice work!

Great color changes in the shallows.

Raffer-
Incredible! I likes it allot. I think some shadowing around the surfers will tie them in better...make them more part of the scene. Hmmmm, maybe the guy on the right, should be smaller, further away, closer to the wave.
Great idea, great execution. This is a scene I wish I had seen this summer!
ps. there's 3 artists in our family, critiquing is a full-time job around here!

Thanks for all the input. I'll attempt to fix it tomorrow and post the results. You guys rock.

Oops, I'm late. Well ditto that - the surfers are a little too sharp & need to blend. This painting doesn't need much work. I think it's gonna look great.

Cool work, Raffertiki! Those clouds are so SEVERE ... If the surfers were larger, you could show the pure terror in their eyes...

F

Hella Cool!

Thanks everyone for the imput. Here's take 2. Is it any better?

C

Looking pretty good! The surfer look much better. The Tiki in the sky looked great from the git go.

Chongolio

Looks great!

How's the back, Raff? Hope you're feeling better & glad it's not keeping you from your art. I like the latst revision to your painting. Awesome!

Aaron

I think I'm still going to tweak the surfer on the right just a bit, and then sign it finito. One of the best things about TC is that you can count on constructive feedback from peeps that are qualified to give it. Thanks again guys.

AA, The back is doing better every day. I'm looking forward to doing another carving.

B

We can't wait. Make sure its a BIG One that you will have to get help rolling it around. Ha Just kidding, keep it small for awhile

Pages: 1 15 replies