Pages: 1 23 replies

M

Hello, Mr Smiley will be on TV Wednesday Oct 2 At 10pm
Eastern or 10 pm Pacific time on the HGTV Cable (Home and Garden Network) Show
called Ultimate Collectors!! I hope you enjoy it---Bruce

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2002-10-01 22:01 ]

mrsmiley,
Is this the same "Incurable Collector" shown on A&E? http://www.aande.com/collector That's one of my favorite shows! Last week, they did a feature on Hawaiiana and showed the Cruz collection of Aloha Cruz http://www.alohacruz.com. Are they featuring the tiki room or the smiley face room? Or both?

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-10-01 19:47 ]

M

NOTE: Air time and name of show has changed_:_
Hello, I will be on television on Wednesday Oct. 2 at 10 PM Pacific or 10 pm Eastern time on the Home And Garden cable station (HGTV) on a show called Ultimate Collectors or somthing like that.
Sorry for the weird info-I don't have cable and am relying only on the info provided by the company that produces this show for HGTV.
My Smiley Face collection and more will be spotlighted and hopefully the TIKI BAR too!.
By the way World Smile Day is this Friday! Go to http://www.worldsmile.com for more details on World Smile Day.---bruc

M

I received more conflicing info today-
I feel confident that the show will air tonight(wednesday) at 10pm and 1am(thursday) EASTERN time. I think it will also air 7pm and 10pm Pacific(if they don't delay the west coast feed)If you have some sort of tv guide please check it. The show is supposed to be called Ultimate Collectors and it is on the Home and Gardens cable station (HGTV).
I hope you aren't getting a headache from all this confusion---bruce
Have A Nice Day

T

I checked the local digital cable listings and it shows it on at 7PM and again at 10PM Pacific time and it's called "Ultimate Collectors".

A check on the HGTV web site confirms those times for the West Coast. On the East Coast it's on at 10PM and at 1AM.

S

Loved the smiley with the fez! Did they also tape your tiki collection for a future show?

H

That collection is pretty intense. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would! I would have thought that 4,000 smiley faces would be vomit-inducing, but it just made me smile. I guess it is a powerful symbol. Your insistence on not collecting smileys with noses speaks of great integrity, and I hold you in great regard for it. Mrs. Smiley looked like a cutie, too. I think I caught the briefest of glimpses of your tiki room, but it went by too quickly.

Every item is individually tagged, eh? You don't have them in a database, do you? Because that would just be too much for me to handle.

Are all your smileys yellow?

The only smiley I've got in my house is on a mug & it's sadly blue.

Trader Woody

C

Bruce,
Great seeing you on the tube. Nice collection. Can we get an explanation on the Goats? (go to http://www.goats.com ). Hopefully your bar will make it to a future show.
Mark

T

I was also hoping they were going to mention your tiki bar, at least as an aside. They kept peeking throught the bar to your smiley room. BTW that was alot of yellow

M

I know, they were sooooooo close to the Tiki Bar I could smell the booze!!

T

Those of you who were tantalized by the glimpses of mrsmiley's bar on that HGTV segment might want to check out this link:

deleted for privacy

In addition to various photos of all my weird friends and cats, about half way down you'll encounter several excellent shots of mrsmiley, his bar, his very large seashell, and his lovely girlfriend Enid. No pics of the goats, though, sorry. Nor of their cat Spike, though she will be there soon.

[ Edited by: tikivixen 2012-06-18 21:01 ]

T

Here's a couple shots I took on the Tiki Crawl in February at Mr. Smiley's house!

It's Mig! Miggy Miggy Miggy Miggy!

The Jab, Hanford, Ms. Burleyque, and Mig

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2002-10-04 14:09 ]

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2002-10-04 14:10 ]

T
thejab posted on Fri, Oct 4, 2002 2:36 PM

Oops, that's weirduncletiki on the left, not me, though I was there.

T

Ooooops! So sorry. I knew that - just had a temporary brain lapse.

Although you can't really be too upset - It's hard to meet 30 people in one weekend and get them all straight!

Not to imply you are all straight. It's entirely possible there are a few ho-moai-sexuals in the bunch. Ha ha!

M

caber-net said"Bruce,
Great seeing you on the tube. Nice collection. Can we get an
explanation on the Goats? (go to http://www.goats.com ). Hopefully your bar will make it
to a future show"
What don't you have kids? We have do leave the goats at home because we can't find any car seats to fit our kids.
Actually, the goats are our gardeners and our friends. Thats it. oh-they are vicious guard goats too for all you propective smiley thieves out there--bruce

M

"Are all your smileys yellow?

The only smiley I've got in my house is on a mug & it's sadly blue.

Trader Woody" The predominant color is yellow, but I have a wide ranges of smileys in other colors, too.

M

Humuhumu asked "Every item is individually tagged, eh? You don't have them in a
database, do you? Because that would just be too much for me to handle"
No the collection is not on a database yet-maybe some day(when I have some free time-yeah,sure!)--bruce

M

Sulltiki sez"Loved the smiley with the fez! Did they also tape your tiki collection
for a future show?"
No, memory is serving me now that they didn't tape the Tiki Bar this time. Oh, well--bruce

B

Hey mrsmiley, I just saw Fat Boy Slim on MTV's Cribs & he has a smiley face collection too. No worries...he's got nothin' on you, just a shelf with maybe a few hundred. He has a smiley face and cross bones tatoo though. You are still the king of all things smiley!

Whoa! As I was typing this, I just noticed a smiley face stamped on an invoice I received today...the ubiquitous mrsmiley.

M

Hey mrsmiley, I just saw Fat Boy Slim on MTV's Cribs & he has a smiley
face collection too. No worries...he's got nothin' on you, just a shelf
with maybe a few hundred. He has a smiley face and cross bones tatoo
though. You are still the king of all things smiley--bamzeno

Thanks for the post Bam-man! By the way, you were not the FIST one to tell me about the Fatboy--oops, I meant to say "first one"
Mr Smiley is everywhere! Mrs. Miley is much more of a homebody.

B

So I was hangin' out in the emergency waiting room tonight, and who do I see on T.V. again? ...Why, it's mrsmiley. He and Mrs. Smiley were showing off their smileys, sock monkeys, and Tiki paraphernalia on Evening Magazine.
It was good to see you again last Saturday Bruce.

BAMZENO SEZ-"
So I was hangin' out in the emergency waiting room tonight, and who do
I see on T.V. again? ...Why, it's mrsmiley. He and Mrs. Smiley were
showing off their smileys, sock monkeys, and Tiki paraphernalia on Evening
Magazine.
It was good to see you again last Saturday Bruce"

MRSMILEY SEZ-"i hope all is well with you-emergency rooms are a drad--they don't serve cocktails there!!!"

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:26 ]

Pages: 1 23 replies