Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

HAOLE KATS!!! cd blowout

Pages: 1 11 replies

HK

We'd like to offer all TC'ers a deal on the HAOLE KATS!!! debut cd. Cost is just $8, shipped to your door. If you'd like to see the playlist or hear a few samples, look here:

http://www.whollycatsband.com/photo_album.0.html

Just send us an e-mail if you'd like to order your copy. We do accept PayPal if you prefer to go that route. Make sure you tell us you're a TC member so we can give you the discount.

Thanks!

Josh & HAOLE KATS!!!

[ Edited by: Haole Kat on 2005-03-07 06:58 ]

O

Just sent our PayPal. Can't wait to hear it.
Congrats guys!
:drink:

O

CD is awesome! Killer job. More than we expected. A must have for your CD collection.

How long until the next one?? :wink: More, more, more. Keep up the good work.

Onatiki -- It's great to know ya'll are happy with the disc! I can't say with any certainty when the next one will be ready, but it won't be long.

It's likely to have artwork provided by Ku Ku Ahu (we haven't forgotten you, bro!).

Thanks for the review!

J

K

On 2004-12-17 10:45, Haole Kat wrote:
I can't say with any certainty when the next one will be ready, but it won't be long.

It's likely to have artwork provided by Ku Ku Ahu (we haven't forgotten you, bro!).

Heh heh heh! I just read this one. Damn, I gotta do a better job of keeping up 'round here.

I'm ready whenever you guys are, you crazy Kats!

Ku Ku

Found the CD in my stocking! That 16th track is great. Thanks for the version of "Yellow Bird" -- have you guys ever performed this song with the lyrics?
-FB

Hey KU KU, I noticed you are from Kahiki,Ohio!!! Would that be the Capitol???
I am from The land of "The kahiki " and remember that establishment as seeming out of place every time I went there as when I exited the building, I was always expecting to see Palm Trees and Water and instead seeing the "Desert Inn " (and for a short while the " Playboy Club" across the street. Major cool place in it's time...
wish I would have kept all the stuff that I had my hands on from there back in the day..
Stay Warm in the the big O. If you ever get down to Sw ,Fla let us know and hang with the Kats.
Whollycat/Haole Kats

K

On 2004-12-30 09:08, Whollycat wrote:
Hey KU KU, I noticed you are from Kahiki,Ohio!!! Would that be the Capitol???

Indeed it would. I hail from the land of sand and sea, palm trees and....wait a sec...I'm sorry.

Ahem...I hail from the land of whatever it is we are supposed to have here. It's nice in the fall I guess. Heh heh heh!

I am from The land of "The kahiki " and remember that establishment as seeming out of place every time I went there as when I exited the building, I was always expecting to see Palm Trees and Water and instead seeing the "Desert Inn " (and for a short while the " Playboy Club" across the street. Major cool place in it's time...

No kidding. Like a magic memory. Shameful what happened to it. But alas, those of us "left behind" persevere in our backyards and basements.

You ever see that bar here called "The Silent Woman" with the headless barmaid logo? Crazy, man.

wish I would have kept all the stuff that I had my hands on from there back in the day..

I have only a limited number of less desirable items. Moai mugs by the ton though. I've got two Cocojoes statues from the eighties that I bought there in the gift shop on different occasions. I cherish them.

Stay Warm in the the big O. If you ever get down to Sw ,Fla let us know and hang with the Kats.

You got yourself a deal there. I'll bring some good rum.

I sure could go for some warmer weather right now. Although I must admit, Ohio is a weird weather place. All that snow is gone already and it's in the sixties out today.

We had a gorgeous (though treacherous) white Xmas with trees covered in ice like spun sugar. Even the chainlink highway bridge fences sparkled like jewels.

If everyone would have had power and snow tires it woulda been fine, but Kahikians are a weird breed of city folk. They live in the midwest, but drive like Carolinans in a freak blizzard.

I suppose the midwestern know-how farm ethic has gone the way of the farms. Everybody has gotten all cosmopolitan now. Sushi instead of chili dogs, SUVs instead of pickup trucks with salt bags in the bed.

You ever visit back this way? You oughta let me know if ya do. There's plenty of tiki in Kahiki!

Ahu

W

Ah Ku Ku, Your thoughts of chili dogs and bags of salt in the pick-up bed hit me square in the memory department of the noggin. Many moons ago a musician I would gig with would head to the Silent Woman after the gig around 530am when they opened and we always had to go and fetch him from that lovely establishment before the Cops did (many,many times) So to say I remember the Silent Woman will always remain an understatement. Bar trivia > the bar is technically in Whitehall and was under protest by scores of pickets (all women) demanding the bar change it's name and sign. Protest failed... Many mahalos for the memories and I do visit in warm weather of course. (I've become such a sissy) When I visit I will give you a heads up !!! Enjoy the weather (as it changes every chance it gets)

HK

Freakbear -- Sorry for the delayed response...I just noticed your question when updating the link to our website.

The answer is yes, we also do a vocal version of Yellowbird. I believe we've done it with Steel as the main instrument, too. We like to mess around with the same song in various lineups just for fun.

J

I just got the CD for Christmas (late celebration) I've been playing it on a loop all day. Great CD! I'm a fan.

HK

Bump

Pages: 1 11 replies