Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tonight... Tiki Tuesday at Foundation - Milwaukee, WI... Appearance by Mr. Tiki Roadtrip...

Pages: 1 9 replies

I just spoke with Don Nelson the bar manager at Foundation and founder of The Exotics and The Nelsonics... Tiki Tuesdays are rocking at Foundation! The bar continues it's transformation into a tiki lounge and now features tiki mugs that you can keep after you finish your drink. Don says that he tries to feature a different mug every week that keeps 'em coming. Complete tiki transformation continues through the winter with newly tikified men's room and dj area.

I will be appearing next Tuesday night from 9 pm until close with a wide assortment of tiki stuff. (Then it is off to Trader Vic's Wednesday night!)
I'll have a full report afterwards and some pictures of Foundation posted up here. Don also said that business has more than doubled since the tiki transformation. Milwaukee may have a tiki destination finally...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-12-21 13:22 ]

T

When I went to Foundation after your art show a few months ago (at the Art Walk where I had a great time but failed to find you!), I was pleased with the Tikiness creeping ever more steadily into the Foundation. I got to keep my Lono mug (from Dynasty). You can never have enough of those...

I have to pick up King Kukulele from the airport this Tuesday, but I may have to drive up to Milwaukee the following week.

Will you be there then too?

PS - bring some substantial Tikis to Tabu Tiki Nights this month - the crowd is expected to be the biggest ever!

Stoked about next week! Two tiki events!

James... I'm hoping the response is good at Foundation next Tuesday and that will keep me coming consistantly... I will definately show up the Tuesday after if you come up... I could give you a tour of my tiki carving studio before hand... I'm only 5 minutes from Foundation...

Really looking forward to Vic's next week... and I too am anticipating a big crowd... hopefully in a mood to buy tiki! :) See if you can get a little extra room from A.J. and I'll double my inventory that I bring...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-12-08 13:33 ]

T

Just consulted my schedule... I don't have anything important going on Wednesday the 22nd, so count me in for Foundation on Tuesday the 21st.

If any other Chicago TCers want a ride, drop me a PM. Expect side-trips to Mars Cheese Castle, At Random, Leon's Custard, Tip Top Atomic Shop, that huge all-50s antique mall, and Lake Surfer's place!

Just a reminder...

I'll be having a Holiday Tiki Sale at Foundation in Milwaukee for Tiki Tuesday Nights. The dates are this Tuesday December 14 and Tuesday December 21. Tiki Drinks and Exotica spun by a DJ. Lowest prices of the year on hand carved tikis and tiki decor! They make perfect gifts!

Foundation is in
Milwaukee's Riverwest Neighboorhood
2718 N. Bremen
414-374-2587

Tiki Sale from 9 pm to close

Hope to see some TCers there!

Hey Dave -- You accepting web sales from this sale???

Whatcha looking for Pop? I'm sure I can work something out for my Hukilau Neighbor! :)
PM me with details...

Wow... thanks to all those who made purchases at Tabu Tiki Night... I have to get busy and get some more tikis carved for my show on the 21st! I will be at Foundation again that night with more tiki goodies for sale... Foundation has a good start as a tiki bar and things can only get better!

Disgustingly low prices on tikis tonight at Foundation... The Year End Sale continues... and over the weekend I carved four new tikis that are on sale tonight... Come on up if you can make it... 9:30 pm - Close...

Just got a confirmation that James "Tiki Roadtrip" will be there tonight for drinks and tiki!

Pages: 1 9 replies