Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

New Years eve at Minnie's in Modesto, Ca!!! 12-31-2004

Pages: 1 32 replies

M

I'm looking for something fun for New Years Eve since I won't be having an Ugh House party this year. Does anybody want to do Minnie's this year???

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: MRSMILEY on 2004-12-09 18:40 ]

TW

I was thinking of stopping by Minnies!

I'm thinking about going to the Y&T show in Petaluma on New Years Eve to relive some of my rambunctious, big hair 80's youth.
Rock on!

I'm up for it!

T
thejab posted on Wed, Dec 8, 2004 2:39 PM

*On 2004-12-08 13:29, mrsmiley wrote:*Does anybody want to do Minnie's this year???

Do Minnie? I don't even know her!

K

Sounds great...We (ManuMan and I) might be up for it depending if the weather allows us to get down and back up the hill safely. I'd love to see all of you Centralites again and meet those I haven't yet met!

and this time nobody's staying at the Chalet. at least, I won't be...

by the way, are there any 4 star hotels in the area? DangerGirl has expensive tastes!

T

On 2004-12-08 15:44, dangergirl299 wrote:
and this time nobody's staying at the Chalet. at least, I won't be...

by the way, are there any 4 star hotels in the area? DangerGirl has expensive tastes!

ummmmmmm.....no.

the shee-sheeiest place in modesto is the doubletree which is downtown. it think it quite possibly might be the tallest building in modesto.

but why stay there when you could stay at the blu-lite motel in ripon? possibly the scariest poltergeist-like motel you could ever stay in? look out your rear window in your room and BLAM, there is an old creepy graveyard butted up against your wall. it has cool neon blue lights too!

M

On 2004-12-08 16:08, tikicleen wrote:

but why stay there when you could stay at the blu-lite motel in ripon? possibly the scariest poltergeist-like motel you could ever stay in? look out your rear window in your room and BLAM, there is an old creepy graveyard butted up against your wall. it has cool neon blue lights too!

Sounds like the Blu-Lite is special! Or is that Blu-Lite Special?

we were at minnie's this past weekend and they had a dj in the bar area!?! it sucked royal booty! nowhere to sit because they took out about 4 of the tables to make a dance floor. don't know if they are doing this for new years but i'll check and let you guys know.

i never thought i'd say it but the tiki might be a safer bet.

dangergirl~the nicest hotel in motown is the doubletree at center plaza. but there is also a red lion on sisk that looks nice.

M

The place Dean and I stayed (not together, but he did pass out next to me.) was decent, and only a stone's throw from Minnie's.

M

On 2004-12-08 16:13, the drunken hat wrote:
we were at minnie's this past weekend and they had a dj in the bar area!?! it sucked royal booty! nowhere to sit because they took out about 4 of the tables to make a dance floor. don't know if they are doing this for new years but i'll check and let you guys know.

i never thought i'd say it but the tiki might be a safer bet.

dangergirl~the nicest hotel in motown is the doubletree at center plaza. but there is also a red lion on sisk that looks nice.

dHAT-let me know--this is an off the cuff idea.

On 2004-12-08 16:17, martiki wrote:
The place Dean and I stayed (not together, but he did pass out next to me.) was decent, and only a stone's throw from Minnie's.

Not sure if "decent" is up to my "standards." Don't be fooled by my choice in men - I DO have "standards!"

tee hee!

I liked the doubletree but the rates are SO high! who do they think they are??

I wish there was a Disneyland Hotel in Modesto - now that place rocks!

M

On 2004-12-08 14:39, thejab wrote:

*On 2004-12-08 13:29, mrsmiley wrote:*Does anybody want to do Minnie's this year???

Do Minnie? I don't even know her!

WHEN did that stop ..um.. YOU!

well i just got off of the phone with minnies and they said sometimes he has a dj on new years and sometimes he doesn't. they said to call back next week and they should know for sure. i'll keep you posted.

M

On 2004-12-08 17:33, the drunken hat wrote:
well i just got off of the phone with minnies and they said sometimes he has a dj on new years and sometimes he doesn't. they said to call back next week and they should know for sure. i'll keep you posted.

I also just called and they said call back later--I figure between Minnies and The Tiki Bar at the Tropics we will be covered either way!!!! How about a warm up somewhere?? tee hee.
When I think of glamorous vacation destinations, I think of .... MODESTO!!!!

if there is a dj, we could head upstairs. I was there last year.

vic~ they said the upstairs was by invite only. can you work your voodoo on peter and see if he'll give us all invites?

and yes smiley the dark marq will be open as you drive thru to motown. come by and have a cocktail! this offer is open to all that are coming out here for new years. pm me if your interested in stopping by.

THIS JUST IN: The DJ crap was a fluke. It won't happen that night or probably ever again. I will bring a few cd's and we'll play OUR music. Hawaiian, APE, Martin Denny, Les Baxter and so on. That would be downstairs in OUR lounge area.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-12-09 18:36 ]

M

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-12-27 10:50 ]

cool! I'm gonna start drinking NOW!

vic~ you da voodoo masta!!!

YAH Braddah, Peter promised me this whilst the pins were still in his voodoo doll ass.

Oh WOW, I am going to stay at the Blu-Lite one day if it kills me! er, I didn't mean it quite that way...but that sure is an odd name for the motel if you think of "spirit lights" in graveyards and stuff like that!

They have a cafe, right? MrSmiley, no doubt there IS a blue plate special!!!

(Maybe someday...a HALLOWEEN party lies in store for us all at the Blu-Lite! bwah ha hahahaha!)

As for New Years...not sure. We may be at the Conga or something more local. I want to hear what the Minnie's DJ situation is, too.

Dangergirl, I believe there are some newer luxury hotels somewhere in Stockton. I have a feeling I spotted one once looming over the dive bars somewhere in downtown. But it/they may be overpriced.

Hmmm. "Luxury hotels in Stockton." That is an odd sentence. Perhaps I shouldn't think about that too hard.

Anyway, the Days Inn in Molesto where Sandy, Unga and I bunked down for the Valley Crawl was actually nice. Probably not up to the "standard," :wink: but genuinely nice and not overpriced.

meow!purrr tikivixen

On 2004-12-14 23:18, tikivixen wrote:
the Days Inn in Molesto where Sandy, Unga and I bunked down for the Valley Crawl was actually nice.

Thanks Tikivixen!
I thought you and Sandy were great too. :D

Why, thank you, handsome! :D

shucks,

tikivixen 'n sandy

M

maybe next year...

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: MRSMILEY on 2004-12-27 10:42 ]

On 2004-12-20 17:50, mrsmiley wrote:
Ok, Smiley and Dangergirl just booked a room at the Best Western Townhouse Lodge on 909 16 th St in Modesto (a block away from Minnies )for New Years Eve!!!
The room is a modest $74.70 AAA rate through Travelocity or Orbitz. Maybe the others will stay at this motel and if Minnies gets too crazy we could have a Motel party!!! ZAZZ!

I promise to stay up until at least 12:30 this time!

Mr. Smiley is chickening out--he is going to Palm Springs instead this year. Sorry to bail on Modesto, have fun y'all!! :)

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-12-27 10:53 ]

can't say as i blame you! hmmm.... 40 degrees and foggy in motowm or 70-80 degrees and sunny in PS (tuff choice there right). i just wish we could make it down there!

if anyone is still coming down to modesto send me a pm if you want to stop by the dark marq. we will still be holdin down the fort here in ripon!

Hey if you're looking for something to do on New Year's the Conga will have a show.

Sorry to invade this topic, I tried to make a new topic and got stopped (not enough posts or something)!

At any rate, myself (Michael) and Sherri from Apocalypso Now! will be playing calypso/reggae/merengue/samba etc in the Conga.

Cheers
Michael

Smiley Man starts this thread....then bails?
Big Bad Smiley Man. (somehow that doesn't sound right)

I'm staying home this year. The wahine is working the next day. Have fun and be careful if driving.

On 2004-12-28 21:20, Jungle Trader wrote:
Smiley Man starts this thread....then bails?
Big Bad Smiley Man. (somehow that doesn't sound right)

I'm a bad, bad boy! :(

Pages: 1 32 replies