Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: A what-have-I-got-around impromptu drink attempt: the Tempting Tina

Pages: 1 5 replies

H

The lovely and talented Tina Tina Floratina came over to my place last night so we could practice on our ukes for a little while, and I raided my bachelor-esque fridge & bar to come up with this drink:

Tempting Tina

Four parts OJ
Four parts Don Q Limon rum (I only had a small sample bottle, when that ran out I switched to Bacardi Silver, which was not nearly as good)
Two parts Cruzan Black Strap rum
One part Licor 43

I didn't bother to measure, just slopped it together, and I didn't have any ice, so overall it was definitely a substandard drink. Didn't even bother to garnish it, which in retrospect was a damned shame since I did have some plastic garnishes about. It did, however, have potential. I'm not generally a fan of tropical drinks that rely too heavily on OJ, but it was what I had... if I'd had limes on hand I think it would have tartened the drink up nicely, the Limon rum played that role rather well until I ran out.

So does it go well with frozen Swedish meatballs and non-dairy Tuna Helper? :lol:

H

Can't say, but it definitely goes well with saltwater taffy and Cheese Nips!

Licor 43, what does that taste like by itself?

OL

Licor 43 is sweet, with a mostly vanilla flavor. Yummy!

J

Licor 43 (from Spain) has a citrus/vanilla/herb taste but NOT as "herby" as Tuaca.

But don't smell it. Smells like rubbing alcohol...

I prefer this in my espresso over anisette or sambuca ( to the chagrin of my fellow NYC area-Italians).

TRY IT!

Pages: 1 5 replies