Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Kuki Kontest

Pages: 1 24 replies

Hey kids, why not use this recipe
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12238&forum=1&1

and bake your favourite Tiki in Christmas cookie shape? The best Tiki Kuki gets a copy of the new lil' Tiki Icon book from me.

S
sinner posted on Wed, Dec 8, 2004 5:09 PM

I tried, and this is what I ended up with:
http://www.ourtinyworld.com/imadethis/cookie/cookie.jpg

Z

Do gingerbread A-Frame tiki huts count?

I tried, and this is what I ended up with

SIN! SIN!

Do gingerbread A-Frame tiki huts count?

Most definitely, especially Maori Meeting Houses with complete ancestor carvings in- and outside.

Egg Nogg volcanoes are out though.

Z

On 2004-12-08 18:40, bigbrotiki wrote:

Most definitely, especially Maori Meeting Houses with complete ancestor carvings in- and outside.

I've actually thought about trying that! It's got to be easier than carving wood.

I was thinking a gingerbread version of the building on the cover of BOT, with a clear candy glass float in a chocolate or spun sugar 'net'. I have a 1/43 scale die cast cadillac to park in front of it, too. Carved chocolate moai should complete the scene.
All I need is the time to do it.

Oh my (Tiki)god, he's serious...well of course, this IS Tiki Central!

You get that thing done in a timeley manner, and I swear you'll be in the papers, they love that kind of stuff for the holidays! (Gotta include enough christmessy elements though...)

CA

Hey Bro.... dose this count? Gingerbread Mug '01

Back in 2001 I walked of with the grand prize from my band mate's wife's annual Xmas Cookie bake off

the yummie tiki swizzle tiki never made it past the ceremonial milk swig

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2004-12-09 01:40 ]

H
Helz posted on Thu, Dec 9, 2004 2:00 AM

Egg Nogg volcanoes are out though.

Well, there went my last two hours...

You ARE crazy, Al! Yes, that definitely deserves an honorable award (with a Tiki Icon attached), but you already won a prize for it, and this contest has not even gotten of the ground yet, so let's give the others a chance.

I just thought that the brown dough makes the Christmas cookie a perfect medium for our collected creative talent, one does not even need to be a carver to portray a Tiki in two dimensions....plus it will be appreciated by all who can consume it at the various holiday gatherings!

Bake away, kids!

S

So...I take it I didnt win :D Damn you Al!

[ Edited by: purple jade 2005-08-25 09:28 ]

On 2004-12-22 22:39, purple jade wrote:
His buto sagged a little in the baking process. :(

Doesn't everyones?

PJ, that's ...errr, CUTE! If no one else comes along with baked gods ( :D , get it?), you might have won a Tiki Icon too!

PS: ...and what happened with mom (when she saw that)?

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2004-12-23 19:33 ]

Actually, my mom was the one who took it out of the oven and said "Oh, his little ding-dong isn't standing up anymore!".

On 2004-12-09 01:39, crazy al wrote:
Hey Bro.... dose this count? Gingerbread Mug '01

Back in 2001 I walked of with the grand prize from my band mate's wife's annual Xmas Cookie bake off

the yummie tiki swizzle tiki never made it past the ceremonial milk swig

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2004-12-09 01:40 ]

OH MY GOD!!!!

Tried doing some tiki cookies with the kids tonight - those who know them know they are absolutely crazy about tikis so it was a lot of fun trying to make them.

Here is a tiki prior to baking --

We also used colored dough & made this pufferfish (also prior to baking) --

One of the baked trays --

The finished Pufferfish

And now, the baked "Ku"-kie

Happy Holidays from our Ohana!

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: polynesianpop on 2004-12-23 22:25 ]

Adrian, that was a trick, to bring the kids into play...now I HAVE to give them a prize too. In any case, they should have a mini version of the Book of Tiki to run around with and get signatures, like father like son.

Al 'n' Shelley, that doesn't count....you can hardly SEE the Tiki in those pics!

Mele Kalikimaka!

Tonight I made my version of an A-frame house, I call it "The Enchanted Gingerbread Room" (pufferfish lights up)

Has anyone else done tiki related baking this holiday season?
If so, let's see 'em!

Wahine! thats fantastic ~ i was wondering where you've been.. busy baking!

all my baking has been regular cookies.. but now i'm inspired...

Glad ya like it DB! It was really fun to design and put together.
Make sure you post a couple of pictures if you get creative!

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2006-08-15 11:02 ]

H

That is truly neat! The frosting icicles really enhance the swooping A-frame. The pufferfish looks appropriately happy.

Cool creation there Wahine. I love it.

Mele Kalikimaka.

With the icicles it looks like the Kahiki in Columbus, when I photographed it. -Sniff-

Pages: 1 24 replies