Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Spin off thread: Xmas Tree Lights

Pages: 1 4 replies

K

Rev. Freddie got me thinkin' about tree lights while we were talking up house lights. In fact, a few folks mentioned tree lights along with their out-of-doors preferences.

So how 'bout it kids? What do ya like to string up on the ol' tanenbaum?

I've got some nice red and green fairy lights on one of my Xmas trees that have sort of a thick glassed jelly jar diamond shape pattern to the bulbs themselves. Gives a spectacular twinkle.

On the other I've got a mixed string of orange, white, and clear. This combo sorta mimics candlelight.

Tree three has purple fairy lights and silver glass ornaments only. It sits in front of a mirror in my bedroom and the reflection of warm plum purple is amazing.

Tree four has flicker flame bulbs. Looks like it's on fire. Burning bush?

And yes, four trees, all real balsam firs. I believe in excess in most everything.

You?

Ku Ku

I

There are no lights on my Xmas tree - electric lights and aluminum don't mix very well. Instead, I've strung some Xmas lights along my tiki bar, and a wooden banana tree carving I have standing next to the bar.

Vern

We got the little kind shaped like peppers. Also have some shaped like Japanese fish.

My vary favorite tree decorations seem to be a theme from eastern europe...little devils.

Ku Ku Ahu,

I like your yuletide style, with 4 christmas trees.

I have two myself, the regular one and a smaller one for the bedroom.

Both have a more "classic" decor, white (non-twinkling) lights and ribbon. (Too uninspired, ok lazy, to have put up the rest of the ornaments).

J

Unfortunately my wife doesn't want to be as hip as me! I absolutely love the bubbling candle lights, as pictured below...

I'd love to do the tree completely in bubblers and a couple dozen boxes of tinsel icicles but my wife prefers the lame white bulbs, beaded garland and lots of ornaments.

At our old house I used to set up my aluminum tree and color wheel on our enclosed back porch but since we moved I haven't found a place to set it up so I can repulse my new neighbors. Sadly, the tree has been in its box for three years. I guess the leg lamp in the front window will continue to serve as the beacon of "tackiness" on our street!

Pages: 1 4 replies