Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

the Brini Maxwell show

Pages: 1 12 replies

just caught it last nite on style.

apparently this has been a cable access show in new york for quite awhile - ?

anyways, no tiki was apparent but the midcentury style was right on. kind of like dame edna/rupaul meets donna reed/june cleaver meets martha stewart.

pretty dern amusing...

You haven't lived til you've seen the episode where Rip Taylor's dressing room gets a makeover.

I'm not sure, but I think there was an episode that contained at least a segment on throwing a luau.

Even if I'm halucinating, the show is pretty damn good.

TG

TM

I'm pretty sure the show is close to genius.

K

On 2004-12-10 14:06, Tiki Matt wrote:
I'm pretty sure the show is close to genius.

Yeah, and that chick that hosts it is hot.

Ku Ku

D

Funny...I think hairy knuckles and adam apples are HOT too! :wink:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-12-10 17:52 ]

K

On 2004-12-10 17:50, DawnTiki wrote:
Funny...I think hairy knuckles and adam apples are HOT too! :wink:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-12-10 17:52 ]

I was wondering when someone would pick up on that. Heh heh heh!

What can I say, I like my e-sarcasm without smilies that give it away.

Ahu

R

My Tivo picked up one episode called "TIKI BRINI" and she(?) went to visit Oceanic Arts! And got a free carved tiki as a souvenir!

Bless you, Tivo! Bless that Wishlist that records anything labeled with the word "tiki"!!!!!

cheers,
Rupe

A quick search on google and I found episode 206 tikibrini.

here is the link to the website.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2005-11-27 21:18 ]

My daughter taped the tiki show for me cause she knows I like tiki. I'd never seen the show before but it was a real trip.

I had a laugh out loud moment when Brini commented, without question sexual innuendo, on the size of Leroys big tiki he was carving. :) How he kept a straight face is beyond me!

Cool show.

G

On 2005-11-27 22:12, JimTandem wrote:
I had a laugh out loud moment when Brini commented, without question sexual innuendo, on the size of Leroys big tiki he was carving. :) How he kept a straight face is beyond me!

I'm a regular viewer of The Brini Maxwell Show, and even met Brini on her most recent swing through SF on her book tour. Always a great show as far as mid-century modern style and sensibility goes.

I caught "Tiki Brini" today, which was just wonderful. As noted above, it did include a stop at Oceanic Arts (but without Huell Howser-esque dancing). The Lanai makeover was excellent, too.

The show does indeed include more than a little innuendo and subtext as well, such as the aforementioned comment about Leroy's big log.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

Does anyone know if the TikiBrini episode is in Season One? I see on her website that you can get the whole first season on DVD...

I met Brini at Mondo Lounge Atomic Frolic in Vegas and she was an amazing source of info, and plays one hell of a kazoo

Pages: 1 12 replies