Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TIKI - MIles Thompson Solo Show Tonight!

Pages: 1 13 replies

Hey Everyone,

Miles Thompson solo show "Tell Tale Tiki" opens tonight at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs. Here is the link to the show on shutterfly if you can't make it tonight.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAuGbdq3cNWHf

Type into your browser and view these beautiful images. Prices and all other information is available by clicking on the thumbnail images.

Hope to see you there!

K

Heeey

thanks for coming out to palm springs everyone...your personal presence is a Xmas gift in itself...Stephanie and i had a great time with y'all...keep on the look out for posts regarding the publication of "The Tell Tale Tiki" book...it shouldn't be too long before details regarding it's release will become clear enough to be announced! special thanks to you two, Jay and Michelle...it's SO nice to have such a great venue interested in showing my paintings!

humble thanks

Miles

B

Kooch, those Pix blow me away. I love your plays on words, but the image are really intense. One of my favorites is "Watchin Wadin", and another is "Revenge". Man you got some serious stuff goin on in that mind of yours.
Good luck and keep up the good work.

K

thanks Bzart...i agree there are some really weird themes in these paintings...but i dig the subject matter...sometimes revenge is a taste treat served up right...cold!!!

N

Miles show at M Modern was excellent. If you've seen Miles' work (if you haven't you should) you know what I'm talking about. I took my wife and my 6 month old son, Donovan. I think he enjoyed the art just as much as we did. It was cool to see him totally fascinated by the colors, shapes and presentation. Miles even took the time to play with him a little bit. Thanks.

K

nick

thanks for coming man...what a beautiful baby y'all have! my wife and i just stare at babies since we had out little girl...they are SO funny...to someone that hasn't had one that probably doesn't seem to be the case but every day has something HILARIOUS in it if you have children...

thanks again for coming out to palm springs and supporting my effort! it really means a lot to me!

so who took pics of the event?

Here's one.

K

NO WAY! who had the resources to get a LIVE CHIMP to come out to palm springs and pose for pictures??? he sure is funny looking but man i have to admit that his shirt is the best one in this pic by a MILE!

thanks for sharing!

I agree, the shirt in the middle is by far the best one.

Wish you coulda made it, Danny... I LOVED the tiki you carved that was there! Too cool. You sellin' it?

Here are a few pics, detail shots of pieces Miles has posted here before:

And here are my Tiki-Ti boys, Dale, Miles, Jim and Andrew:

Futura Girl & me:

Some great pieces by Flounder from the Rat Pack tribute show:

K

humu - get your filthy money laundering mitts off of my tiki diablo idol...that was a gift to ME!!! IT'S MINE!!! danny is the MAN!

thanks for sharing your pictures!

H

Dangit... shoulda just loaded into the car while no one was looking. :wink:

Forgot to post the link to the rest of the pics:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/telltaletiki/

Most of the pieces are sold, but there are still some gorgeous ones available, be sure to view them at the M Modern Gallery website:

http://www.mmoderngallery.com/

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 15:46 ]

K
kooche posted on Mon, Jan 3, 2005 3:56 PM

i never really posted a decent scan of this thing...i got control of my domain back today...may as well share it with the world in near to high resolution...

Pages: 1 13 replies