Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Room in Pomona. Anybody seen the inside of this joint?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Anybody?

I've parked behind it & looked in the windows as I walked past (It was closed at the time & I had my Gran'daughter with me), I couldn't see anything that impressed me from the sidewalk.

I live a couple miles from there and I'm always around that area. I like the glass shop and the retro furniture shop across the street. The Tiki Room is just a room that people can rent out for special events. Of all the times (approx. 60) I have been in the area, the Tiki Room has never been open or had an event going on. Would be the perfect place to open a tiki bar, I always thought anyway.

Last night on Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares he went to a restaurant in Pomona. This place was across the street. I was more excited to get a glimpse of the mysterious Tiki Room than the place he was fixing. (It went belly-up 5 mos. after he left.)

SO.... Why DOESN'T anybody rent it and let take some picture????

Its more of a huge black room for concerts with alot of Horrible Hippy trippy glow in the dark Hawiian and tiki type paitings.
I was very bummed to see that.
its the last thing Tiki Needs.

Though I could see a bunch of the Pysche side of surf bands playing there.
But being in Pomona the turnout would be horrible.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yeah....But how many freaky tikis can we put in there?!

From a tiki point of view there was/is nothing there worth checking out. I have been to Yesteryears (and the adjoining Tiki Room) many times to see bands play. In fact, the Rhythm Bound event this past January (that Tiki Farm and Crazy Al vended at and was The Torquays final show) was supposed to be the last event held at the Yesteryears/Tiki Room. The building was scheduled to be torn down shortly after that. I haven't been over there since then to see if it has been demo'd yet. If it IS gone, and you never saw the Tiki Room in Pomona, you didn't miss anything.

T

I caught the Tiki Room on Kitchen Nightmares as well. I immediately googled the place and couldn't find much about the Tiki Room. I have a friend who lives near there and placed a call. Being Thanksgiving I didn't reach him. From what I seen on TC I don’t think I’ll be there anytime soon.

Pages: 1 8 replies