Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Anybody collect swizzle sticks?

Pages: 1 6 replies

I was reading this article on swizzle stick collecting. I guess the old McDonald's coffee stirrers from the '70s were really popular with the Coke sniffers since they had a little spoon on the end!

http://cocktails.about.com/library/weekly/blswizzlegs.htm

Looks like you got snipped on the Red 62'. Sorry. Maybe I can run across some more Red Jasper again. Boy, I am tempted to put up the Red Jasper Bowl now. It is awesome. Sorry again.

S

What are you talking about snipped? I earned that mug fair and square! And I already paid you! Show a little gratification! High bidder wins...end of story. I don't use any software to do my bidding, just lucky enough to have a job that I can keep an eye on the web.

Did not mean to offend you. Just saw it go quickly at the last few seconds and polynesian pop was talking about the mug before I even put it on. I appreciate you, as much as I appreciate him bidding on it. Hey, I snipe, I will admit it, but I also have t1 lines to get in those last few seconds also!

S

On 2002-10-03 12:08, KokomoTikiBar&Grill wrote:
Did not mean to offend you.

Guess I should have said, "Tongue firmly planted in cheek". No offense what so ever. I always wait until the last minute to bid. I find if you stick in the max you're willing to pay early on, sometimes the price of an item can be driven up unnecessarily.

I know I get caught up in the moment and put in "the most i'm willing to spend", only to find that it comes back and i'm still not high bidder (like this particular mug). Sometimes I keep entering in more and more until I'm finally high bidder/the auction ends/or I come to my senses, and say what the hell am I doing.

Is it an addiction or a disease?

Both!

Looks like you got snipped on the Red 62'. Sorry. Maybe I can run across some more Red Jasper again.

Kokomo,
Thanks for the sympathy! But it's cool. I do the same thing and NO, I don't use software! Yeah, I really had my eye on the mug because of the pepper flakes but its still only one mug on a LONG list of others that I want. Like SullTiki, I don't usually bid until the end because you just end up paying more for it in the end (I know, bad for you). I don't normally, but this time I threw in my bid a little early this morning because I was having some Internet problems and didn't want to get locked out of the auction.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-10-03 15:14 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-10-03 15:15 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-04 20:48 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies